What's new

Aggressive Razors

As a new SE/DE shaver I would like to pick up a DE that is as aggressive as the GEM Micromatic open comb that I'm currently using...any recommendations?

Thanks.

If you're interested in vintage, I'd recommend Gillette Sheraton, Senator, or a Slim/Fatboy/Super Adjustable maxxed at setting 9.

Any Old Type like a Single Ring or Ball End.

$DSCN3552.jpg

I find the new Muhle R41 to be more aggressive then my MMOC. Most of my DE shaves are with an Old Type on a BRW Bull Mastiff handle. A Futur adjustable could be set to be similar to the MMOC. The only issue with trying to find a DE equivalent is that the SE blade is much stiffer and shaves differently then a DE.

i find my oldtype less aggresive as my 50s british tech try a 40s brit tech now thats aggressive british vintage

Just drop a few bucks on a YUMA - most aggressive 'safety' I own, and I have OCMM, E-R 1914, E-R 1924, Gillette Old, Gillette Slim (at 9) and they are all milder than a Yuma. On those days when I just have to eliminate every last bit of stubble, the YUMA gets those sposts missed by other razors. Just be careful with it, it is a very unforgiving teacher.

Definitely try a Joris or Muhle R41. Some of the open comb Gilletttes can be quite aggressive as well. Someone mentioned the PILS: from my experience and past use they are not particularly aggressive.

Top Bottom