What's new

Good Straight Storage?

That looks fine to me. I think a lot of people have converted jewelry style cases to hold their straights. You could also modify other cases out there to work OR you could go with some of the options other people have;

Copic Marker wallets
Alembicase

The Alembicase is actually designed for straights and has really cool adjustable inserts to all your straights fit and are snug. I have some of the marker wallets (for my markers lol) and I tried my straights in there and they all fit fine, they are fairly cheap as well, not sure on the cost of Alembicase.

That looks fine to me. I think a lot of people have converted jewelry style cases to hold their straights. You could also modify other cases out there to work OR you could go with some of the options other people have;

Copic Marker wallets
Alembicase

The Alembicase is actually designed for straights and has really cool adjustable inserts to all your straights fit and are snug. I have some of the marker wallets (for my markers lol) and I tried my straights in there and they all fit fine, they are fairly cheap as well, not sure on the cost of Alembicase.

Those are cool. I would prefer the jewelry tray so I could see the straights without opening the case, and so I could be creative on how I arrange them.

Legion

Staff member
Ummm... Look, it would probably be fine. However....

Again it depends on how picky you want to be. The wood used for that is probably composite, and is full of formaldehyde, and whatnot. The paint, no good, the material, no good... yaddayadda. But this is strictly if we are talking museum preservation. I keep my rotation in a cutlery chest, and that is certainly no better than what you have found. I think it will be OK, much better than leather.

Oh, you might want to include a picture and remove the link, since it is a live auction.

Last edited:
Ummm... Look, it would probably be fine. However....

Again it depends on how picky you want to be. The wood used for that is probably composite, and is full of formaldehyde, and whatnot. The paint, no good, the material, no good... yaddayadda. But this is strictly if we are talking museum preservation. I keep my rotation in a cutlery chest, and that is certainly no better than what you have found. I think it will be OK, much better than leather.

Oh, you might want to include a picture and remove the link, since it is a live auction.

Thanks for the input.

You could always cut out and make your own window in the Alembicase one. Just thought I would mention that if the window was the only thing deterring you from getting it :) .

If you want a case of that style, Thiers-Issard makes one that is quite nice.

+1. I use one of the TI cases and it is beautiful. A bit pricey, but very well made and a perfect fit for displaying razors. It also comes with a leather pad for displaying a razor as well - a nice touch. Here's a pic of mine:

Attachments

• $GrelotSet-8.jpg
    $GrelotSet-8.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 130
I figured that the leather pad is to go underneath the case and to go between the glass and razors to protect the glass during transport.

+1. I use one of the TI cases and it is beautiful. A bit pricey, but very well made and a perfect fit for displaying razors. It also comes with a leather pad for displaying a razor as well - a nice touch. Here's a pic of mine:

Yes, that is too expensive for me.

Whatever you get.. Make sure you have lots of room to add more razors!

My storage solution...

proxy.php

Last edited:
When I first heard of the AlembiCase that Angry_Panda mentioned above, I took a very quick look at it, and went "Meh". This morning I took a much more closer look at it, and to say I changed my mind is an understatement. This thing looks GREAT! It's like the perfect straight razor storage unit. The different features it has are really cool. One big plus is it's very affordable price! I have to get this thing!

I figured that the leather pad is to go underneath the case and to go between the glass and razors to protect the glass during transport.

Yep. I keep my case on the dresser, so the leather protects the wood surfaces. As you say, it also fits between the razors and the lid.

Top Bottom