What's new

Acquisitions for August 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those look super clean. Very nice.
OK This is Probably My best score on EBay yet, I got these two Nice Gem Razor's And a Nice C-1 Flair Tip Super Speed Made in 1957.

Got these for $8.17 and $5.00 S&H Total of $13.17 Not bad as there in Excellent Condition all 3 of them :w00t:

Fresh off of ebay

Attachments

• $sta-sharp.jpg
    $sta-sharp.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 390
There was a fleamarket in my street yesterday, not much of a fuss. Just went to take a look and I came across this beauty.:001_tt1: Picked it up and saw a pricetag of €20, normally I don't pay more than a single figure. But the guy instantaneously said to be careful, it's razor sharp(pun intended:001_tt2:). It didn't pass the HHT, but it looked like it shaved the back of my hand quite well. I offered him, quite stupidly, 15 and he took it...

I think I could have been greedier or just should have left it, but hey, it's a lesson for me. And after all, it's a 7/8 or 8/8 (still have to measure it) and it looked pretty clean. Now sanding it, I have come across some pretty heavy spine to edge cuts. They don't really seem like honewear, because there are some in the concave part...

After all, it is a nice one for the collection, but SWMBO has convinced me to put the straight RAD to bed for a while.(But I still want a second, decent DE.)

PS: please check my post about my first DE, I really want an identification for it! http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/243837-Need-some-help-identifying-this-one!

:behead::cursing::yikes::a52::a52::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: I accidently DROPPED this baby, it snapped in two.:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: (Soon to appear in the graveyard: the eulogy)

That's a butt-kicking polishing job!

Scrubbing Bubbles and toothbrush, lather, rinse, repeat.

Then soak for the afternoon in Dawn to loosen scuzz in the handle knurling, followed by toothbrush scrub.

Next, polish with Maas, then wash with Dawn again to remove any residue.

Ta-da!

I have never seen this in the U.S. before but I was able to get several bottles in the UK.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I've got a few things this month...and a few more on the way...

Fountain pens:
Hero 616
Pilot 78G

Inks:
August Ink Drop from Goulet
Noodlers FPN LE Damas Tulipe Noire
Noodler's FPN LE Galileo Manuscript Brown

no razors

Omega Pro49 brush, and a couple other brushes on the way.

Lots of samples from Garry's Sample Shop

Spent the afternoon scrounging around some local antique/junk shops. One place had a couple of drawers full of miscellaneous razors, mostly Super Speeds and a few Gem Techmatics. For $20, I managed to find three that interested me: a Star DE, a plastic-handled Gillette Tech ('39-'41), and a 1921 Gillette Old Style Single Ring. The Single Ring looked really bad, but I did several baking soda & aluminum foil soaks and finished with a light polishing with Maas, and it came up pretty nice. I'm going to work on it a bit more, but it still looks 1000% better than it did when I brought it home. I'm looking forward to shaving with this antique!

EDIT: Here's some pics:

Star DE
$P1050116.jpg

Gillette Plastic-handled Tech
$P1050113.JPG

Gillette Single Ring (1921)
$P1050108.jpg

Last edited:
I found that same Gem but in a cardboard case (well maybe not the bullet tip, can't remember). Was thinking of going and buying it today heh.

Nice find and nice BRW razor, I really like that handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom