What's new

Acquisitions for August 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't do much "acquisitioning" anymore, but here are a few things that I just received.

A couple of Mühle R41 razors and a BRW fluted handle NEW.

proxy.php

A Robert Becker large 001 scuttle (which I believe is the largest available anywhere). To help you get the scale of just how huge this thing is, I shot a picture next to a one quart Pyrex glass measuring cup, and a quart is exactly what the water reservoir holds.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

ras, good luck with that scuttle - I'm afraid I would end up drowning in lather with the amount that beast will make!

ras, good luck with that scuttle - I'm afraid I would end up drowning in lather with the amount that beast will make!

I absolutely love it. Not only am I a lather hog, but the smaller scuttles I previously owned just didn't give me enough room when I used my larger brushes.

Did a little Shopping last night

proxy.php

4/8 Puma
7/8 W&B Wedge in orange G10
6/8 W&b Wedge in Bone
Weishi DE
Razor Rock Shave cream Soap
Lloyds Shave Cream
Coticule
Thurigan
Random Brush and Balm and a set of stag horn scales

Let's see, I placed and order at the Italian Barber this afternoon for some Acca Kappa Cedar aftershave splash and two Razorock shaving soaps, the sandalwood and the mentholated one (can't remember the names off hand). I should be receiving my care package early September.

O.K. gents! Here is the savage. :drool: I love the double thumb notches! It has some odd honing wear, and almost no bevel, nearly a full wedge. I think it will clean up very nicely! What are your thoughts on the hone wear? Were the razors that were made in this era hand fordged to cause such odd hone wear? It is pretty square, it looks like the person who honed it knew what they were doing... I see from the B&B it was made around 1840s. As far as cleaning the handle, what do I soak them in, and, sand them with? Just want to clean it up, not change it. What are your thoughts?

Nice score! I have that exact same one and it cleaned up real well. Soak the handles in neatsfoot oil and just polish them up - no need to sand and remove any of the pressed horn stamps. Be careful if you decide to unpin it as old horn is brittle and you don't want to break those.

Mine took a fantastic edge. Enjoy!

proxy.php

This weekend's score: Seiko Quartz Day-Date in stainless/gold from an estate sale, and a Tech razor from the flea market!

Tech before cleaning:
$Tech Before 1.jpg

Tech after cleaning:
$Tech After 1.jpg

Seiko watch:
$Seiko 2.jpg

Rick that TECH is incredible before and after!

Great job.

Great shaving razor.

I love mine with a Feather and it's great for, hmmm sensitive areas. You can't get much lower profile than a tech. Everyone who has trouble under the nose or around the chin dimple needs to try a tech. Beautiful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom