What's new

Current Razors Comparable to a Tech

What I mean is, of the razors currently being manufactured new (Merkur, Edwin Jagger, Muhle, Feather, Parker...any other's?) which brand and model would you consider comparable to the Gillette Tech? I hope I'm not comparing apples and oranges too much here.

The Goodfella performs a lot like the 50s English ball end Tech in my experience. I have both, and I'm sorry/happy (depends on how you look at it) to say the $15 Tech gives me a very similar shaving experience to the $60 Goodfella :( :)

The Goodfella is a classy piece though
proxy.php

The Feather stainless is modeled somewhat after the Gillette Tech, and is a mild razor. The irony is the Feather blades are quite sharp,(relative to some other brands)

+1 The Feather Stainless shaves just like a Tech.

I personally don't find mine to be quite as mild as a typical Tech. The Feather does provide a smooth, very comfortable shave, and is built like a tank so it will likely last many lifetimes. If money is not an issue, you really can't go wrong with it.

Just placed an order for a Feather...it'll be interesting to compare it to my current favourite, the PILS 101NE.

I personally don't find mine to be quite as mild as a typical Tech. The Feather does provide a smooth, very comfortable shave, and is built like a tank so it will likely last many lifetimes. If money is not an issue, you really can't go wrong with it.

Top Bottom