What's new

The Nib Acquisitions, August 2011

The problem with the finer things is that if I have to ask for a price, I can't afford it.
Anyway, I just pulled the trigger on two Retro 51 pens. One is the Big Shot in titanium (I have a soft sport for titanium that I can't explain) for myself and a "Simple Mickeyhttp://www.executiveessentials.com/Retro-51-Disney-Ballpoint-Pen-Simple-Mickey/RET-PB-MMF-MK16" ballpoint for my Disney fan wife. I'm pretty sure that her pen will fit nicely into her Harvey's brand Disney purse.

I wonder if titanium would make for a functional FP nib...

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I wonder if titanium would make for a functional FP nib...

Yes, it can, several Italian pens sport titanium nibs. The Parker T-1 was not well received in the 1970s but has now become quite the cult collectors item. (not many survived)

Although flexible and impervious to most chemicals you can throw at it the tipping material is difficult to attach if I remember.

Got a very nice open comb for $4 at the local antique shop. Label on the underside of 'Grafco Germany' and has a Merkur logo on the end of the handle. Very nice condition :)

Extremely tolerant razor and great shaver. Really happy with this one!

Got a very nice open comb for $4 at the local antique shop. Label on the underside of 'Grafco Germany' and has a Merkur logo on the end of the handle. Very nice condition :)

Extremely tolerant razor and great shaver. Really happy with this one!

Sounds like a good find! However, this is the Acquisitions thread for "The Nib" (aka pens and related items). I think you're looking for this thread.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Sheaffer Ebonized Pearl Balance (abalone chips laid in there I think)

Needs a section, there is a chip missing. I'm looking in the parts boxes.

proxy.php

Hrm, do purchases or deliveries count for the month? If it's deliveries, I got my Noodler's Lexington Gray "Bulletproof" ink and gray Noodler's resin pen. The nib on the pen is a little scratchy compared to my Waterman (somewhere around a Hemisphere line, I think) in the medium tip. I'll have to play with it a while more to decide if I like it, but the ink is a really nice color. Pix later. :D

So far this month I got a Lamy LE coffee brown Al-Star with a 1.1 nib, Noodler's Baystate Blue, Sailor Epinard, and a Rhodia dot webbie.

I mistakenly posted this in the "old" acquisitions thread. :lol:

My nib smoothing kit, sacs, sack cement and a storage box came in this week.

The nib kit came with the two fountain pens. I plan on playing around with them and learning how to adjust flow as well as making the nibs smoother. The first pen that is getting Nemo's cartridge/sac mod is my Sailor. The white envelope contains very fine abrasive papers for final polishing.

proxy.php

Got my Visconti Homo Sapien Set (FP & BP) early this week. It is loaded with the LE B&B ink and ready to go. Hope to pick-up a Nakaya Decapod in Heki Tamenuri from John Mottishaw at the DC Super Pen show next week. They have superb nibs. I am a big fan of their elastic nibs.

Any B&B'rs going to the DC Super Pen Show next weekend?:confused1

Attachments

• $IMG_1025.jpg
    $IMG_1025.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 328
Top Bottom