proxy.php

Merkur Futur 701
with red Personna (2)
Semogue 830
Old Spice SC
Old Spice AS

Have a nice day! :001_smile

proxy.php

First day of the month and first workday of the week.

Prep: Hot Shower, Lemon-Verbena triple-milled soap
Brush: Restored Ever-Ready, TGN Silvertip knot
Soap: D. R. Harris Marlborough, face-lathered
Razor: Gold Ever-Ready SE, 1912 head, ornate handle
Blade: Gem Stainless Steel (new, 1st shave)
Aftershave: Speick After Shave Lotion (splash)
Cologne: Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal

PREP: Hot shower with conditioner in beard
BRUSH: Semogue 2010 LE #66
UBERLATHER: SRD Bulgarian Rose Otto + Cyril Salter Rose + Glycerin
RAZOR: Ern ATOR
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan
TONER: Thayers Lavender
COLOGNE: Santal Noble
RESULT: A shave to remember. I know it's blasphemy to adulterate the SRD BRO soap, but I got a sample of the CRS Rose cream and just couldn't help myself. The result, as you can imagine, was nothing short of spectacular! I had a lather that smelled divine and that was so rich and creamy I couldn't hardly believe it. The ATOR swept through that billowy cloud of moisturizing goodness with a deft ease. In two passes plus touch ups, I was left with a sticky smooth CBS! I think I'm ready for round two of interviews with one of the firms today!

proxy.php
/CENTER]​

Looks divine, Bill.:001_wub: All the best for today!:001_smile:thumbup::thumbup:

Monday, 1.Aug.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 1550 w/ wooden handle
Lavanda Creme para Barbear
LUSO - the mild Portuguese
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel lavender
Musgo Real ASB

proxy.php

This is an old LUSO razor, that I found on an antique market. She was very ugly and neglected, but after restoring it, she came up pretty nice, and definitely shave ready.
I know almost nothing about this razor, except the name (printed on the lower piece of the head) and the fact that it was made in Portugal. It seems to be a copy of the Old Type razors.
What strikes me is the smoothness of this razor. Smoother than the Brit. NEWs, and I would dare to say that it is smoother than an EJ head, if that makes any sense for an open-comb razor like this.
As for the rest, all good values. Lavanda, sadly discontinued, is a great lavender-scented shaving cream, and the lost brother of Musgo Real. The balm is one of the best balms that I know of (if not the best), and the brush (fantastic) is a recent discovery made by a friend of the Portuguese community.

Have a great start of the week, gentlemen!

This is going to be your week, Emanuel. I see lots of goodies lining up!:wink2: Great start!!:001_smile:thumbup1:

Alas...I don't think I have any Portuguese products to show this week

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 26mm Rudy Vey w/TGN Grade A Silvertip Badger
Razor: 11/16" Dubl Duck "Special #1", Full Hollow Ground, Spike Point
Strop: 25/55 (HandAmerican "Old Dog" Rough leather / HandAmerican "Old Dog" Cordovan leather)
Überlather: RazoRock "Cacao" Shave Creme + Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Blue AS
Cologne: Creed "Green Irish Tweed" EdT
Results: I hadn't shaved with a Duck for some time now and decided to take the Special out for a spin today. A few laps around the HandAmerican strop really brought out the edge on this razor. The RazoRock "Cacao" was a scent I was craving today and she not only fulfilled my wish, but also produced an amazing lather in collaboration with Da Fat
proxy.php
. It was so good that I thought I had died and gone to Heaven. All shaves should be this good
proxy.php
. BBS and ready for whatever.

proxy.php

Have a FANTASTIC Monday gentlemen
proxy.php

That shave sounds divine, Robert.:001_wub: Very nice start to the week.:thumbup1:

Monday:

Bump Fighter (1)
Thater Stout 2
Wilkinson Sword stick
Bump Patrol
Nivea Sensitive balm
Azzarro edt

Hot Shower
Musgo Lime
Parker Badger
Erasmic
Gillette Tech Fat Handle/Rapria Swedish Supersteel

Attachments

• $DSC_0516.jpg
    $DSC_0516.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 434
Hardware:
  • Merkur HD
  • Derby blade
  • Superior 22mm SBB
  • Weller bowl

Software:
  • Tabac Soap
  • Witch hazel
  • Lord & Master AS
  • Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream

The first week of this month is dedicated to Portugal! :001_cool: This, just like Spain, is a beautiful land with an old and very respected barbershop tradition. :thumbup: Many of the finest soft shaving creams and boar brushes come from here. :001_tt1: And, during this week, you have to show us all your best Portuguese shaving tools. Therefore add in your always wonderful photos at least one item that has been "made in Portugal". :wink2:

proxy.php

Dovo "Prima Klang" Singing Violetwood, 5/8, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Cyril R. Salter (Streich-Riemen) Strop
Semogue SOC
Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima
Alum block
Italian floid Blue

proxy.php

I've nothing from Portugal... Oh well!

proxy.php

Merkur Futur 701
with red Personna (2)
Semogue 830
Old Spice SC
Old Spice AS

Have a nice day! :001_smile

proxy.php

PREP: Hot shower with conditioner in beard
BRUSH: Semogue 2010 LE #66
UBERLATHER: SRD Bulgarian Rose Otto + Cyril Salter Rose + Glycerin
RAZOR: Ern ATOR
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan
TONER: Thayers Lavender
COLOGNE: Santal Noble
RESULT: A shave to remember. I know it's blasphemy to adulterate the SRD BRO soap, but I got a sample of the CRS Rose cream and just couldn't help myself. The result, as you can imagine, was nothing short of spectacular! I had a lather that smelled divine and that was so rich and creamy I couldn't hardly believe it. The ATOR swept through that billowy cloud of moisturizing goodness with a deft ease. In two passes plus touch ups, I was left with a sticky smooth CBS! I think I'm ready for round two of interviews with one of the firms today!

proxy.php
/CENTER]​

Eagle/TOBS Avocado/Rocket/Gillette Sharp Edge/Speick ASL/Oud Cuir d'Arabie
proxy.php

Monday

Proshave Scuttle
Semogue 1460
6/8" Raccoon
(honed using only a BBW)

Cyril R. Salter Shaving Soap
Proraso Liquid Cream After Shave

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Monday, 1.Aug.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 1550 w/ wooden handle
Lavanda Creme para Barbear
LUSO - the mild Portuguese
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel lavender
Musgo Real ASB

proxy.php

This is an old LUSO razor, that I found on an antique market. She was very ugly and neglected, but after restoring it, she came up pretty nice, and definitely shave ready.
I know almost nothing about this razor, except the name (printed on the lower piece of the head) and the fact that it was made in Portugal. It seems to be a copy of the Old Type razors.
What strikes me is the smoothness of this razor. Smoother than the Brit. NEWs, and I would dare to say that it is smoother than an EJ head, if that makes any sense for an open-comb razor like this.
As for the rest, all good values. Lavanda, sadly discontinued, is a great lavender-scented shaving cream, and the lost brother of Musgo Real. The balm is one of the best balms that I know of (if not the best), and the brush (fantastic) is a recent discovery made by a friend of the Portuguese community.

Have a great start of the week, gentlemen!

Dovo "Prima Klang" Singing Violetwood, 5/8, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Cyril R Salter(Streich-Riemen) Strop
Rooney 3/1 Silvertip
Manantiales de La Toja Soap
Alum Block
Manantiales de La Toja Aftershave Lotion

Second shave today. I need practice with this straight and definitely won't have the time tomorrow morning. For the next few weeks, my shaves are switching to evenings to accommodate this new Regimen.

proxy.php

portugals finest

Monday 08-01-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Semogue LE09 boar brush - Feather vintage razor - Feather #2 - Pre JASÖN - Wilkinson stick shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Old Spice.

proxy.php

EXCELLENT Shaves gentlemen :thumbup::thumbup:

David: hang tough with the straight journey. It takes a little time, but well worth it :thumbup1:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I've been quite busy the last two days and had no time to quote all these stunning shots posted, but... VERY WELL DONE, GENTLEMEN!!! :thumbup:

Razor: Nacet rebranded bakelite Tech(I believe, I have a post to try to identify it)
Blade: Timor(LOVED IT)
Prep: Hot shower & proraso pre&post(couldn't shave without it:001_tt1:)
Brush: Omega 10019
Soap: Cella:001_wub:
Aftershave: Proraso Pre&Post(yeah, that and NOTHING else!)

result: CCS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom