What's new

Lets have a go i say!

Well my vintage stock of razors to restore has built up to a sizable pile, 22 i think:w00t:so you would think thats enough for a while, so what did i do this weekend, popped into a local shave and smoke shop, just to have a look at the new dovos you understand:001_smile and what was there, artamis straights, which from what i have read are useless, so like anyone on here i did what came natural to me, bought one! soooo i am going to work on this first, see if i can get it to shave, i have no high hopes, and as it cost me £20, not expecting too much, but its worth a go at the price:001_smile

Good luck with the shave. Just go slow and easy, and start on the easy parts of your face. Don't expect as good a shave as with your DE for right now.

:thumbup:done it:biggrin1:just had a shave and its now officially a shave ready straight! i will say it took a while, i will say it fustrated me but i will also say, a great shaver.
I did a bit of searching on this brand, and on another forum i found a post saying that these are re branded gold dollars, so no wonder it took a bit of time to hone:lol: though when i read about the gd link i have to say the thought did enter my head, basically because the scales are the plastic wood effect, which as us gd fans all know, are used on one of the gd's, the only differance is they cost more over here (though i bought it local and not of the web), and it comes with artamis on the blade and in a nice posh box.
So there we are, if you can pick one up cheap and dont mind spending a bit of time honing, go for it, if not, stay away!

Top Bottom