What's new

Favorite Taylor of Old Bond St cream?

I would like to try some Taylor Of Old Bond Street shaving creams, but I can not decide which one to get 1st. It would be great if you could get them in a sampler pack so you didn't have to commit to a whole tube or tub right off. What are some favorites?

I have TOBS Sandalwood, Shave Shop, and St. James and really like all of them. The sandalwood is my favorite but I've been using St. James more often than not recently.

I bought several samples before buying any tubs and I got some additional free samples with my order. I'd encourage you to spend as much as one tub of TOBS finding the scent that you'll definitely enjoy instead of more or less guessing. Enjoy!

Sandalwood. Hands down, if I had to choose my one cream for the rest of my life it would be TOBS Sandalwood. I love it that much.

Mensbiz, an Australian online store, has TOBS sample packs at the moment. I loved trying them all. Rose, Jermyn St and Avocado were probably my favourites. I never followed up by buying a full tub though. Too many other things to try: Cella, Tabac, Irisch Moos, Palmolive. I'd like to get a tub of Rose though.

What kind of scents do you like?

I have tried most of them and here's my rankings, based mainly on scent since I found the performance to be similar for all of them

Mr Taylor
Jermyn Street
Eton College
Shaving Shop
St James
Sandalwood
Lavender
Avocado
Rose

Last edited:
I've only tried two TOBS so far, lavender and jermyn street, and J. street is my favorite. A very distinctive, subtle scent. My wife loves it.

Sandalwood and Rose are both outstanding scent-wise and shave-wise. Didn't care for Avocado. Lavender and Almond are both nice.

pretty much every tobs cream has been mentioned here...guess it's up to you to pick the scent you think would smell nicest!

Top Bottom