What's new

WTB: Noodler's Flex Nib

Got one. Thank you, Dave
They're out of stock now. Anybody have one they're not finding use for?

Last edited:
I saw them listed as OOS on a couple of sites, but they said that they would be in soon. For what it's worth, I want to get my hands on one, too. I've never used a flex nib, but I've taken up copying religious texts (Buddhist sutras, FWIW) as a meditation/hobby, and would like to have it look nice. (But then, if I want it to look nice, why am I writing it? My handwriting sucks!)

Just wait 3 more weeks. Nathan is releasing a new line. From what I hear they will be released by the thousands :001_tt1:

You got it, they should be plentiful! I won't commit to saying 3 weeks, just that it will be several weeks more ;) As of this past weekend, he was supposed to get a new test batch in, and assuming all looks good, they'll be available sometime soon. No specific date yet but I'll let you know as I know more! No idea on the colors either, other than more clear demonstrators, and some colored demonstrators, and whatever else he's come up with this time!

You got it, they should be plentiful! I won't commit to saying 3 weeks, just that it will be several weeks more ;) As of this past weekend, he was supposed to get a new test batch in, and assuming all looks good, they'll be available sometime soon. No specific date yet but I'll let you know as I know more! No idea on the colors either, other than more clear demonstrators, and some colored demonstrators, and whatever else he's come up with this time!

You will be carrying them ??

Don't forget your new friends at B&B when they come in....maybe a little preorder???

What's that? Pre-order? :cursing: My debit card is getting a cramp, consarn it!

Unfortunately we don't do preorders, between not knowing what quantities (or even colors!) we're going to get in, and the logistics of managing it all. Our business is just me, my husband, and now two guys who help us pack orders. And I would HATE to take someone's money, sit on it, and then not be able to deliver a product for reasons out of our hands. Nothing worse than ordering something, only to find out days/weeks later that they don't have it in stock and won't be able to send it to you after all.

So what we normally do is have an email notification list (you'll find a link on every product page where an item is out of stock), and then we let you know when they'll be available. We try to let you know a few days in advance, too, whenever possible. Then we call it the 'gold rush' once they're available - first come, first serve! In the past, the flex pens sold out very quickly, but we're expecting even bigger quantities in the future so hopefully that won't be an issue ongoing.

And as far as our friends here at B&B, we haven't forgotten you! See my other thread about a new discount ;)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
From the chairman of the dumb idea department, here comes another dumb question (I've got a million of them):

Why doesn't Noodler's just sell the flex nibs? They're friction fit, for Pete's sake.

From the chairman of the dumb idea department, here comes another dumb question (I've got a million of them):

Why doesn't Noodler's just sell the flex nibs? They're friction fit, for Pete's sake.

I'm guessing margins, and supply chain issues. The demand for the flex pen already exceeds the supply, I think that would make it worse! The flex pens are currently in the process of being redesigned so that they can be produced in masse, quicker, and that should help with the supply issues. It's been suggested numerous times to sell the nibs/feeds/etc separately but it's not something they're willing to pursue at this time.

Top Bottom