What's new

Gillette Slim PIF for my fellow noobs :-)

OK Guys (and Gals). Here goes my first PIF. This is a 1966 (L1) Slim. It ain't the prettiest I've ever seen but definitely not the worst. I'd call it user grade. I'm also including a new puck of VDH Select, some Personna Reds (I think there are 3 left in the box) and some Crystals (at least I think that's what they are, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) there are 9 left out of a 10 pack. Now for the rules.

1. You must not already own a Slim
2. You must not resell on Ebay
3. You must have a least 10 but fewer than 50 posts.
4. Pick a number between 1 and 250. The winner will be selected by random.org on Thursday 8/11/2011 at 20:00 EDT. If there are duplicates of the winning number, then whoever posted the number first wins. (edited to correct the date in case my flux capacitor doesn't come in)

Oooookie Dokie then, here we go!

Attachments

• $IMG_1702[1].jpg
    $IMG_1702[1].jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 267
  • $IMG_1703[1].jpg
    $IMG_1703[1].jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 269
  • $IMG_1705[1].jpg
    $IMG_1705[1].jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Great PIF for a newb. Not a fan of the sub 50 post count, I knocked that out first week easy lol. Lets make it under 150? JK BTW! 100th POST! WOOT! Good luck to all the newbs who get in on this, it's a good start, for some, that razor may be all they ever need.

Thanks to Quantrill for sharing the newb love.

Lot of thanks for this great Pif:tongue_sm Quantrill! I have no Gillette and would never sell any wetshaving gear I got a way like this one. If I am allowed to join from outside US, #66 is my choice, if not, no problem.
Thanks!

Awesome PIF. Newbs should get in on this ASAP. The Slim is just a great, great razor. My favorite of all the DEs I've tried.

Just started lurking here today after finding forum. I would like to be included in this as I dont even have a razor yet but have bids on a fatboy and slim currently. This would be an excellent (and VERY much appreciated head start into wet shaving for me). I hope it has not been given away yet. But if so its okay I hope to win one on ebay. My number is #32.

Don't count me please, I just wanted to say the Slim is one of my favorite razor. Some lucky newb is going to be very happy. Great PIF!

Hey, great PIF!

I qualify on all accounts and I've never used crystals or red IP's, so count me in. Thanks for the opportunity!

I'll go with 15.

def a noob here but sadly i only have 2 post and this will make 3. im starting a collection to find a razor i like so im def not looking to sell any. im gonna say 256 in the hopes that if i do win i will still be aloud to get this. fingers crossed for luck

Nice razor for a PIF. My number is 103. One thing, you set the date you will pick a number as 7/11/2011 did you meab 8/11/2011.

Great PIF for a newb. Not a fan of the sub 50 post count, I knocked that out first week easy lol. Lets make it under 150? JK BTW! 100th POST! WOOT! Good luck to all the newbs who get in on this, it's a good start, for some, that razor may be all they ever need.

Thanks to Quantrill for sharing the newb love.

i agree with cbogg.lets make it under a hundred posts,shall we

my number is 222.

Nice razor for a PIF. My number is 103. One thing, you set the date you will pick a number as 7/11/2011 did you meab 8/11/2011.

That depends on if I get the flux capacitor that I won off ebay in time to get it installed in the Delorean! ;-)

Thanks for catching that! I'll correct it :)

We'll see how many we get under 50 in the next 24 hours. I realized after I posted this originally that fewer than 50 posts might be too limited. If there's not enough participants to make it interesting, I'll consider bumping it up to "under 100".

Top Bottom