What's new

Mixing Inks :P

First time mixing inks. I have a hero 616 didn't feel like cleaning the sac so I just mixed the Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher and some Bad Green Gator. I think it's about a 50/50 % mix. I really like them together. I hope it shows up on your screens.

I've got some of that Ghost Ink I wanna see what I can come up with next. :w00t:

You guys have any mix combinations you like?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us:

It looks good. My shipment of B&B ink should be arriving tomorrow or Monday and I can't wait to see it in action. I also have some Noodler's Heart Of Darkness coming in the mail as well, but I am thinking of making a custom ink of my own. I have to use black at work, but I would like to put in just enough of a blood red ink to barely be able to notice it.

It looks good. My shipment of B&B ink should be arriving tomorrow or Monday and I can't wait to see it in action. I also have some Noodler's Heart Of Darkness coming in the mail as well, but I am thinking of making a custom ink of my own. I have to use black at work, but I would like to put in just enough of a blood red ink to barely be able to notice it.

The ink actually didn't ship yet. In case you didn't see the post, it was an error that the email went out, and if you noticed, there was no tracking number. John from WCS said in another thread that ink only orders should ship tomorrow.

I mixed together a bunch of J Herbin samples I wasn't too crazy about.
The result is a browny-grey colour.
meh.

I have two bottles of ink that I use as dump bottles. Both started out as blue ink, I have dumped purples, reds, whatever ink I have left goes in there. One bottle has actually come to a nice blueish black color, the other has become a lighter blue..

I've done that when filling ink samples, if the end of the bottle didn't quite make enough for a full sample vial, or when flushing out several pens into a cup. I've made some very interesting concoctions.... although none that I will never put in a pen, seeing as how I've made some that started foaming.... LOL.

As a general rule of thumb, never mix across brands, particularly across pH levels. You can really mess up a pen with 'unstable' ink!

I made a pretty nice blue-black unintentionally by leaving some Polar Brown in a pen and then filling it with Noodler's Blue. Kinda surprised me how good it looked.

Top Bottom