What's new

Video for shaving legs?

Does anyone know of any videos that show how to shave legs? There's plenty for the face but none for legs that I can find. :(

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I do not remember seeing any video anywhere of a lady shaving with a DE. The leg shaving article should be useful but it's not a video. Any video using a DE should help as shaving is shaving...

I'm betting that if I were to shave my legs with a DE and post a video of it, that wouldn't be what you were looking for.:001_tt2:

I'm a female wetshaver, and I've never seen a video with a DE for leg shaving. I agree, in general, with the sentiment that "shaving is shaving" ... that whatever applies to men, applies to us, too. The one major difference I've encountered is in the number of passes women do. MOST of the women I've talked to do only one pass, generally ATG (against the grain), with touchups. Occasionally, if I'm using a not terribly sharp set-up, I'll do 2 passes. But, I've NEVER needed to do more than that. Thank heavens! Since my legs have a lot more "territory" to shave than a guy's face, it would take FOREVER to do 3-4 passes.

Maybe this is tangent but the only video or scene I can recall from the top of my head is "The Man Who Wasn't There". It's a brief scene where Billy Bob Thornton character shaving Frances McDormand character's leg with a DE razor. Couldn't remember which razor though.

One of our members, Barber-Eile, was talking about doing a YouTube leg shaving video at some point - not sure if she ended up doing it yet. The best resource I can point you to is the leg shaving wiki. This is a "known issue" so to speak; the instructional vids I'm aware of usually involve shaving the face or head.

I remember seeing a video off a lady using a straight but not a DE. My daughter uses a lady Gillette but I don't have a video camera.

Oh, I just asked her if she would and she asked me if I was crazy.

One of our members, Barber-Eile, was talking about doing a YouTube leg shaving video at some point - not sure if she ended up doing it yet. The best resource I can point you to is the leg shaving wiki. This is a "known issue" so to speak; the instructional vids I'm aware of usually involve shaving the face or head.

I'll add that Barber-Eile was instrumental in the creation of content for that wiki, if not the whole wiki. It was very helpful for my SWMBO in her learning curve.

Haha, that is awesome. Figures wrestling would make something like this.

I wonder if shaving with a straight razor is easier on the legs.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Haha, that is awesome. Figures wrestling would make something like this.

I wonder if shaving with a straight razor is easier on the legs.

I wouldn't know about that, but, I'm now used to a straight razor and find it easier...

And why does this thread have a one star rating?

Someone rated the thread that way...

Top Bottom