What's new

Suggestion for a relative newbie to fps

I've used fountain pens before, but it was only with the cartridges. Any helpful tips on filling from a well with the adapter? I'd gladly accept any general fp advise too. I've got the WCS pen on order with 2 bottles of ink.

Nothing wrong with cartridges but most fill from an ink bottle as the cost per fill is less. Note that when changing ink it is advisable to rinse the pen with COLD water. Ink is a living thing and can grow fungus and the link. Once it takes hold in your pen it can be hard to remove. There are a few videos on the web on the proper way to fill based on what pen you have. Generally ink has a shelf life once it is opened so you have to be careful about using old ink or ink that has been opened and is more than a year old.

Nothing wrong with cartridges but most fill from an ink bottle as the cost per fill is less. Note that when changing ink it is advisable to rinse the pen with COLD water. Ink is a living thing and can grow fungus and the link. Once it takes hold in your pen it can be hard to remove. There are a few videos on the web on the proper way to fill based on what pen you have. Generally ink has a shelf life once it is opened so you have to be careful about using old ink or ink that has been opened and is more than a year old.

Good advice.

There are lots of YouTube videos out there! And specifically, if you haven't checked out our blog, InkNouveau.com, I encourage you to do so - we have lots of videos and tips/tricks on using a fountain pen. One I recommend to start with is the Fountain Pen 101 video, where Brian demonstrates how to fill a pen with a converter. http://www.inknouveau.com/2010/04/episode-24-fountain-pen-101.html

Hope that helps!

It helped quite a lot actually. Now I am not so embarrassed at having ink all over my fingers. I wasn't sure on how deep to sink the nib into the ink, and now I know.

Thanks

Top Bottom