What's new

Cool and Tingly Sensation? Not Cool for Skin

Don't care... Im off to shave with my Proraso then it's an osage rub splash all over!

BTW- She scares me a little.

Until she citess some peer reviewed scientific publications, I would take every thing Paula Begoun says with a huge grain of salt. Everything she says has its basis in fact, but I think she vastly overstates the effect on your skin from the amount of exposure you get through a cosmetic to menthol or other rubefacients.

BTW- She scares me a little.

Yeah, what's with all the side glances and talking out of the side of her mouth?

Until she citess some peer reviewed scientific publications, I would take every thing Paula Begoun says with a huge grain of salt.

I couldn't agree more. Show me the data and the peer reviews. But you're right, there probably is some basis of fact in this.

Peer reviews have unfortunately become worthless as science is less science and more propaganda. For almost every peer reviewed article stating one thing I can find another peer reviewed article that says the exact opposite. True science is a rare commodity these days and hard to find because it doesn't necessarily produce big profits.

I did a tiny bit of checking up on this woman and found out that she has zero medical or chemistry-related education. She is an ex-make up artist turned consumer advocate who happens to have her own product line (slight contradiction there). Anyway I wouldn't for a second put ANY stock in this lady's claims. She has written a few best sellers on the cosmetics industry where she shamelessly promotes HER products! Whoa no way!! Yes way! So before you throw any fine italian product in the trash do a little thinking of your own.

Last edited:
Top Bottom