Which one?

• Parker 22R

• Schick Krona

• Gillette Slim

• Merkur Progress

• Feather AS-D1

• Merkur Slant

Results are only viewable after voting.
I chose the Gillette Slim. It is a well built adjustable razor that is still around in good condition, sometimes at a decent price. In fairness though I have never tried the slant, and I am sure it has many fans too : )

In fairness, the only ones I have used of the above are the Slim and Krona. I've had my '62 Slim for six years, and get consistent results every time. The Krona just doesn't work as well for me. I keep it in rotation because it's so blasted cool-looking.

I chose the Feather for its simplicity of design and quality of construction. The Slim would be a close second.

Ford

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I voted Schick Krona as I think it is the answer to the question: Which razor was made by Schick?

Of the razors listed, the SLant will give the closest, smoothest shave in the least number of passes. There is no contest. All Hail The Slant!

Never shaved with a Merkur, Schick DE, or Feather, didn't care for the Parker, so the Gillette Slim is my selection. Actually, mine is an Aristocrat Adjustable (with gold plating), but it's the same razor...and a damned fine one, at that!

Last edited:
Never used the feather, parker, or shick.

I own four vintage gillettes and just got a merkur 37C this week.

The 37C is so good that this will probably be the last razor I ever buy, except for replacing it for whatever reason.

I was actually thinking about making a thread about how I am now finished with vintage razors.

My shave with it was so easy, so fast, and left my skin so smooth with zero irritation.

It was the first time I have ever actually enjoyed shaving my face.

I have always thought shaving was just a task, and got into DE shaving because it was less painful and expensive than cartridges, but now I understand how some of the gentlemen here can actually enjoy it every morning.

I had to vote for the Slim. My daily shave isn't in this poll and I can't expect you to list most razors out there. I have been using a Slim on and off over the years since I bought my first one in the late 60's.

Top Bottom