What's new

Slim Settings Do Not Match Fatboy Settings

I picked up my Fatboy last night after not using it for a while. I thought I'd just use the same settings as I do with the Slim...5 for a first pass up to 7 for the last two passes. I promptly gave myself three nice weepers on my upper lip. The Fatboy is much more aggressive than the Slim set on the same settings. I got a really good shave, but not without some trauma. I found myself having to use extreme caution on 7 where I don't have to be as careful with the Slim. I really felt that blade.

Overall, I find the Slim to be a much more elegant razor, visually and performance-wise. If the Slim had only been produced for a small number of years like the Fatboy, this would be the razor everyone is clamoring for on ebay. I always admire its ingenuity and looks when I use it.

I would say that even between 2 Slims or 2 Fatboys they would not be the same so it is not surprising that they are different between the FB and the Slim.

I have a n00b question here as I have my first fat boy arriving this week. What is the aggressiveness of the various settings? For example, is 1 most aggressive or least aggressive?

I have found that all of the adjustments on my adjustable seem to be off a bit from the previous model (maybe I am just imagining it though). I do have to agree I like the slim more than the Fatboy. That being said, if I am going to reach for an adjustable, it would be the 85' super adjustable.

I have a n00b question here as I have my first fat boy arriving this week. What is the aggressiveness of the various settings? For example, is 1 most aggressive or least aggressive?

1 is the least and 9 is full open with the most blade exposure.

Top Bottom