What's new

The Worst Blade?

actually i got feather with a purchase a while ago , i assume it was new , but it was terrible--other than that i have not found another bad one, i have used, Bic Chrom plats.,personna reds, Astra sp. in my SS, R41 and 1904 and just tried Derby's. and they worked great in my DE89L------- i have , merkurs, 7' 0 clock blues, to try next

Dorco, and Walmart (German) Wilkinson.
My face said STOP as soon as I tried my first pass with both these blades!

7AM

Dorco 300 (301 is generally pretty nice for me)

Astra SP

I wasn't a fan of the Sharps I initially tried, but I used a couple after more practice and they're not as horrid as I originally thought. Faint praise, no doubt.

You mean these?:
Blades_1.jpg

Vidyut Super-Max Super Stainless

I tried them as part of a sample pack, worst blade so far! They were so bad, I decided to write a review on them:
http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/s...title=vidyut-super-max-super-stainless&cat=50
That review makes me wanting the package of these blades! :w00t:

Actually, some blades "are" so bad that I don't even bother to try them... :scared: :laugh:

Last edited:
Sharks are just terrible for me. Can't understand when they get a positive comment. Maybe I got a bad batch -- they are noticeably dull.

Derby's just don't work for me.
I have a hard time bringing myself to do a second pass with them to remove all of the hair that they didn't manage to pull out on the first pass.

Bic DE blades. Horrible.

I fought through the majority of one WTG pass and had to ditch the blade mid-shave.

A lot of the blades listed so far have fans that use them daily. I've never read a post that mentioned how great Bic blades are. I truly believe they are in a class of their own.

Last edited:
I'm trying sharks right now for the last month which are the stainless and chrome.

The stainless are a little better but over all not a great blade their still not the worst though.

Shark has been horrible for me when using my shavett and I have to do two passes for the same place because it fails to cut on the first pass and it also pulls my hair irritating my skin a bit although way better than when I was using the Mach RAZR Maxx. I order the bundle of the Feather and the other blades and I can't wait to see how they work. Ultimately what I want is a Dovo Straight Razor to avoid all this different blades although I want to find out which blades work for my Shavett so when I have to travel I can take it with me since the airlines don't allow straight razors on their planes.

Last edited:
Sharks are just terrible for me. Can't understand when they get a positive comment. Maybe I got a bad batch -- they are noticeably dull.

Sharks (chrome) actually place on my "pantheon of great blades", along with Derbys, Sputniks, and Gillette Silver Blues. Worst blade I've used bar none are Dorco's though, It's as if they exist just to mangle my face.

Top Bottom