What's new

New Edwin Jagger Razors

I've been thinking about picking up one of the new Edwin Jaggers (I already own the DE89L), but I haven't seen too much written about them.

xillion posted these great photos of the DE89BA11 (the Barley Chrome), and it sure is a beauty. It also appears that the Barley Chrome is a few grams heavier than the ol' DE89L.

I've heard that some of the other new EJ's have a lighter handle.

Has anybody played with these yet? I see they have a new "octagon" handle as well and I'm wondering how they feel.

Any new information would be great, as I'm really itching to pull the trigger on one.

If you're looking for an EJ with a lighter handle, the Chatsworth razors have a longer, lighter handle. They come in faux horn, ebony, and ivory.

proxy.php

I have a Chatsworth Barley Gold. I think it is the heaviest handle they make. I love the heft and balance.

I got one of the Barley Chrome EJs on the BST. It may be a mild razor, but it really loves red IPs or Gillette Platinums and does a great job for me with either. I find myself going to that combo whenever my face is feeling dried out or irritated.

Ford

I've heard that some of the other new EJ's have a lighter handle.

Has anybody played with these yet? I see they have a new "octagon" handle as well and I'm wondering how they feel.

Any new information would be great, as I'm really itching to pull the trigger on one.

I begged for pics a while back and nobody admitted to owning "the ocho." All the love on the forum's been reserved for the barley chrome. Still have no idea if the handle is lighter or not.

I really can't give you comparison data, but I really have been enjoying the DE experience with the EJ Barley.
I found that like 5 Over said, the Red Personnas were a nice match. The Merkurs fpr me were not. Souplex are a so-so match, Timors are also a good match along with Derbys, IP Blue and Feathers.

Top Bottom