What's new

Numbers on razor blades

P

pooface

Have converted over to DE razors and blades for about a month now. Tried 2 different types of blades so far (Derbys and Tesco own brand). So far, gotta say that I prefer the Derbys.

Anyway, came over to France to visit the in-laws, and went to the supermarket, and saw some Gillette Bleue Extra. So, I bought those to try out. Haven't gotten around to trying them just yet, but they sound like a lot of members find them ok. Should be blade changing in a couple of days, so will try one then... If any good, might bring a few packs back with me. At €1.72 a pack of 10, seem quite decently priced.

Anyway, one thing I have been wondering ... on both the Derby's and the Gillette's, there's markings and numbers on them (i.e. arrows and 1 & 2 on one side, 3 & 4 on the other), as shown in the picture:

$gillette3.jpg

Would appreciate any information on what these mean, and whether it's anything that I should be paying attention to? lol

All in all tho, finding the DE shaving to be quite a good change over. Still getting a bit of shaving rash, but tried less pressure, a couple of different creams etc. So, think it's my skin (as only happening in one area)

Great site by the way :thumbsup:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
B&B requests the blade manufactures to stamp blades different ways just to get folks to ask questions here about secret meanings of things :001_tongu JK (of course)

Actually, it's just part of the manufacturing QA ....or so I have been told. Hmmmm, maybe that's just to stop me from finding out the real truth behind it. :confused1

:closedeyeJust when I said that I had not seen this question for a while - here it is again! My smart *** answer is that it is to keep track of the individuals who put glue spots on the blades or wrappers.

Top Bottom