What's new

Does lemon verbena smell like lemon?

Does lemon verbena smell like lemon or lemonish? Im interested in the Verbena cologne from caswell massey, I like the smell of lemons, so will this stuff smell pretty similar?

Maybe a little. Have you ever smelled Williams, it has a wonderful lemon verbena scent.

But I have never tried the CM colonge.

IMHO, Williams smells nothing like lemon verbena. Lemon verbena smells great, Williams doesn't. Williams smells like citronella and Murphy's Oil Soap.

Well, as far as I know no Verbena fragrance currently on the market is going to have any actual verbena in it. Verbena is on IFRA's list of no-nos, and all of the commercial-level houses have removed it from their formulations. Hence Jo Malone discontinuing their Verbena Cologne back in '08 or so, etc. etc.

Not sure whether there are any good reconstructions out there. Seems like a good candidate for a headspace treatment.

Smells like Fruit Loops...Follow my nose. Seriously. I grow it and my kids love to rub it on their fingers and pretend they're eating cereal. It's lemony, "green," herbal and not just for breakfast anymore.

If you have ever smelled a lemon tree with blossoms then you have an idea what lemon verbena smells like...

Top Bottom