What's new

What's your take on ridiculously large watches?

When I say ridiculously large, I mean a watch with a face diameter of 63 mm!
I was looking around in Macy's the other day and found this white Gucci watch that I think clocked in at that diameter (no pun intended, ha ha!)... although when you think about it is rather like wearing a clock on your wrist!

- ice

No true man wars a watch with a case diameter of over 50 mm. Anything larger is for little boys with genital issues.

I think they are great of you want to bring unsolicited comments about yourself.

Me, I only use a watch for keeping time.

Hi everyone,

My mistake... The watch is not made by Gucci. It's made by Diesel. A Diesel DZ7194, to be exact.

To give you an idea of how ridiculous this thing is:

proxy.php

And evidently it's not just ONE watch... it's FOUR!
Case size: 65MM X 57MM!

- ice

I have pretty large wrists (have to get xtra long in leather straps). A 45mm Omega Planet Ocean is at the outer limits of what I want to see on my arm. YMMV

Ford

As appalling as they are, I believe that they are here to stay. It's quite unfortunate that brands such as Rolex or Omega are starting to build watches with larger and larger cases. As for me, I can't stand them.

I think this style of watch is called a "submariner" watch or something along those lines. I'm not a fan.

Submariner is the classic Rolex diver (and there are about a bazillion that take inspiration from it, including the Orient I am wearing right now), but it is not a big watch by contemporary standards. I think the current Submariner is either 40 or 42 mm, and the older ones may have been a tad smaller.

I agree that large watches are stupid. Just recently spent an entire evening trying to find a watch for my father In-Laws 65th birthday and I was surprised by how many giant watches are now available.

Just put a Starrett mm rule next to my Rolex Datejust. It is 37.5 mm from edge of case to end of stem. It is 30mm on the face. And this watch is plenty big enough. Short of being almost blind, I can see no use for a watch that big.

Top Bottom