What's new

Free Gear to New Wet-shavers! (VDH gear) - 250th post PIF

Free Gear! Everything you need to get started except the razor and the means to maintain the razor. The intent of this PIF is to set up a new wet-shaver (DE or str8) so you can start shaving ASAP:

Drawing winner gets the following wet-shave gear:
$BnB-Upload-PIF250-072511_1778.jpg
- Van Der Hagen boar brush
- "No-frills" brush holder
- Van Der Hagen shaving soap (99% unused)
- Pinaud Clubman AfterShave

People who may participate:
- New members only (lurkers will have to sign up to qualify for the drawing)
- Post count: Between 2 and 102. Post restriction is "grandfathered" to all Active Duty U.S. Military with an APO or FPO.
- Winner will be determined by assigning a sequential number for each qualified entrant then using a random-number generator to choose
- Geographic restrictions: CONUS, Canada and military APO addresses. Sorry gents, maybe next time.
- Let us know what gear you are currently using or what razor you plan to use with this new gear (no worries, no judgement - saying you are using Fusions or other carts won't DQ you)
- Disrespectful posts will DQ you - I plan on spot-checking post histories.
- Deadline/drawing - Approx. 2 weeks, August 7,2011. I'll do the drawing that Sunday and ship it early the following week.

An example of an entry would be: "Let me play! - Parker shavette, Feather blades"

So let the fun begin! I wish the best of shaves to you all!

Last edited:
Glad to see you gentlemen. Welcome to Badger & Blade. You may have noticed a few other PIFs on the site. And, in the B/S/T section you can find some amazing bargains!

Thanks for the opportunity...first razor less than a week ago...1956 Gillette (hand me down...'twas my Grandfathers). Thanks for the opportunity.

I am currently using and learning on a Merkur, and now have just been given my grandfathers Gillette. I am in the process of cleaning of the Gillette. I am learning and doing well thanks to everyone here on Badger and Blade.

Let me play! Just getting started with a straight (well actually several straights, couldn't buy just one ;-} ). Some different items would be great to try.

I am going to start putting together the list of applicants tonight. All the stuff is not fitting into the box so I'm going to put a $10 gift card (or bill, I haven't decided) in with the package. I only paid 6 for the stand and it will fit into the flat-rate box easier.

So really - I'm going to put together the "short list" tonight. Had Family dramas delay me :p

Smalltank, do you want a shot? I'll put you on the list if you want

LET ME PLAY! Currently using a Merkur 34C. Brush is some synthetic job I picked up at a local dept store. Soap is Art of Shaving Sandalwood. Aftershave is some Gillette gel stuff.

Though more importantly...my son was born today, so Im pretty happy with that gift if I dont win this prize package. :)

Deadline is Saturday midnight - tonight. Here's my list of entrants so far, one of whom may some free gear by the end of the week:

1. CoyoteKyle
2. 59rockabilly
3. johnnyxxl
4. MAHL
5. yakster
6. kroberts

smalltank, not sure if you wanted to enter or not. Your post count was acceptable when you entered so if you want to please let me know.

Top Bottom