What's new

EJ89 Conundrum

In the past --my EJ89 has just plain given me horrid shaves--so I put it on the shelf with not much intention of ever coming back to it.

So this morning I decided to give it one more chance---I was a bum all weekend and hadn't shaved since Fri AM--I slapped a new Walmart Wilkie in it and proceeded to get one DFS--nearing BBS---with no cuts or irritation.

I have been getting good results with Walmart Wilkies(individually wrapped variety) in several razors and it has become my go to blade---but I had never tried one in the EJ89 because I pretty much gave up on the razor.

So whats the deal? Is it because I hadn't shaved for a couple days or did I finally find a good blade for this razor?

What says the hive?

I think there are far better blades for that razor (almost all of the St. Petersburg blades would qualify), so my guess is your technique is much improved since the last time you used it.

If you got BBS with a Walmart blade, then I would just run with it. Don't ask questions and be thankful that you found a good combo for you that includes a cheap blade! lol.

Also may be technique thing. I shaved with a Red tip + med a few weeks ago and it was horrible. Tried it again a few days ago and was much better!

Technique and blade. I love the DE89L with Feathers but not so much with other blades. It's not uncommon for certain combos to work for some while other combos do not if you read around. That's why blade samplers are strongly recommended to those starting out.

Top Bottom