What's new

Vancouver island??

strop

Now half as wise
I don't live in Vancouver, but just spent several days on Quadra Island for my son's wedding. You guy's sure live in beautiful country. I sure hope to get back there some day.

Mark

We should set up a product swap, coffee meet or something like that. I have a good selection of creams, soaps and aftershaves, mostly low end stuff, but some great products. I have a bunch of little sample tins and sample bottles. I am about to acquire a dozen vintage 3 piece razors and have a slim adjustable I could lend out. or....we could just meet, say hi and have a coffee...I am game.

Coffee is a good idea. I can't say I have any product I'd be able to swap, although I do have a couple of Palmolive shave sticks coming in the mail. Weekends will usually work well, but work has been so slow lately that I'm probably available other days too. Tomorrow I'm down to Victoria to socialize with the in-laws, and Monday looks like I'm heading up to Parksville to play in the water.

Electrician, been working down out of Victoria. Just a few jobs to button up, but one is awaiting approval, and the other is at a dead stop as we're waiting for BC Hydro to hook us up and we can commission it. Probably would have more work, but I can't pull permits.

I didn't think I'd need it when I moved out here...foolish of me. I'd been working off island for the last 4 summers on larger industrial jobs, but now that I've got a little one, I don't really want to travel right now. Looked into getting my FSR recently and it's going to be a hassle, because I need to take a code course...and it seems to be rather difficult to find on the island.

Maybe if we could arrange it we could get together for coffee somewhere while I'm in town. I could meet up with people on the 18th after 6:30 PM or Sunday after 7:00 PM.... It would be great to meet some of you guys....

John how long are you heading out for?

I can make it either night. I will start to pm all the islanders and see which night works best for them... I am heading out for 5 weeks then home for 1 and back out for 5 weeks

Top Bottom