Favorite Bond

Who is your favorite Bond?

• Sir Sean Connery

• George Lazenby

• Roger Moore

• Timothy Dalton

• Daniel Craig

Results are only viewable after voting.
Someone brought the question up in the Bond video thread and I didn't want to hijack my own thread. :tongue:

So, let's hear it. Who's your favorite Bond?

I like Connery of course and Dalton looked like a Bond should look and his first outing was a superior effort but Craig brought life back to the franchise and is the closest thing to the ruthless, calculating character that Fleming created that we have seen on the screen yet. Now if they can only keep the train on the track!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I like Connery of course and Dalton looked like a Bond should look and his first outing was a superior effort but Craig brought life back to the franchise and is the closest thing to the ruthless, calculating character that Fleming created that we have seen on the screen yet. Now if they can only keep the train on the track!

+1

Can't add much to that.

I was very skeptical about Craig, but I thought he was the best Bond after the original.

Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig. I can't choose between them.

I'd have to agree. The only one I did not like at all was Dalton.

However, I'd have to give a ever so slight nod to Connery. He's still the first that comes to mind.

Connery all the way. He is Mr. Bond. Everyone else is just a replacement, ok Pierce Brosnan was good as well. But the rest of the Bonds? take a while to get used to.

M

modern man

Funny thing I did the math, Sean could have played bond up untill Goldeneye.

He is 3 Years younger then Roger Moore so when Dalton did his last movie he would have only been 1 year older then Moore when he did his last Bond.

Sir Sean Connery... hands down... I wonder if anybody will vote for poor Lazenby, IMHO he was a serious mistake...

M

modern man

Sir Sean Connery... hands down... I wonder if anybody will vote for poor Lazenby, IMHO he was a serious mistake...

Lazenby was not a mistake, other then the fact he had a voice over half the movie, He did not bother me as being Bond, he was just in a bad Bond Movie.

On a lighter note, Telly Savalas or Donald Pleasence. :lol:

Connery's my favorite, but Dalton and Craig really matched the detached and cold James Bond of Fleming's novels, so I guess they were 'truer' in that sense.

Are we looking at what Flemming want- as the ideal Bond
or who we think looks best as a movie rendition of Bond?

Movie- Sir Connery hands down
Flemming stylized Bond- Craig hands down

I like the ones that were ENGLISH!

Well, Fleming's Bond was actually Scottish! (his mother was Swiss if i remember rightly)

Also, when Cubby Broccoli made the first Bond film, he wanted Roger Moore as Bond but he was contracted to TV making the kids program Ivanhoe. Connery was a second choice, and to my mind, much better than Moore who's acting skills seemed to be restricted to lifting one eyebrow or the other!

Craig was rather good though.

Gareth

Roger Moore will always be 'The Saint';

George who???:wink: ;

Timothy Dalton-the character from RoadHouse?

Pierce Brosnan-'Remington Steele'-nuff said;

So that leaves Sean(the man!) and Daniel Craig(now we're cooking with gas!!!)

Marty

Top Bottom