What's new

It's been A Busy Month...so far

Hi Guys

Got a bunch of stuff about to land in the next few weeks. These are the sellers pics. I will reshoot when they get here. The first, I believe is a combination set from 1921 with serial #542A. I don't think the blade cases are right but perhaps someone else knows. The case also has some odd button on the flap ( an eagle with the #32 on it) which I think was put there at some point of time. The next looks like an Aristocrat #21. Next is a nice '46-'47 Rhodium Aristocrat from the States, which I'm pretty sure is missing the blade case..and finally a #15 Aristocrat that I BIN'd from the 'bay. The deal was bit more than I wanted and a bit less than he hoped for but I think we both made out well. Good guy to buy from, knowledgeable and very fair. So lots of stuff to keep me occupied for a while
Attached Images

Attachments

• $hhgnko.jpg
    $hhgnko.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 135
  • $dcvvgy.jpg
    $dcvvgy.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 136
  • $ddruj.jpg
    $ddruj.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 135
  • $zfttb.jpg
    $zfttb.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 137
  • $ggvmo.jpg
    $ggvmo.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 138
Thanx Sledge

It's been fun and I'm now ready to embrace my inner RAD...like I haven't been doing this all along...hah

Totally agree with you. I keep collecting them because they are not produced anymore, and I rather keep them from going into a dump. When I die somebody is gonna get a pretty decent collection.

Those are real nice! Is that 46-47 a re-plate? I have one in gold and have never seen one in Rhodium, which I much prefer to gold.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Got some great razors there! That one US Aristocrat must be a replate though.

I'm thinking it's a replate but I'm not concerned, it's as you say, going to be a great collection after I'm gone

The first, I believe is a combination set from 1921 with serial #542A. I don't think the blade cases are right but perhaps someone else knows. The case also has some odd button on the flap ( an eagle with the #32 on it) which I think was put there at some point of time.

I was watching that one, too. No question that the emblem was a later add-on. It looks like an emblem of the Scottish Rite Freemasons, and I think the "32" would represent the 32nd degree.

Did a quick bit of Googling and that's definitely what it is. Perhaps the set was a gift to someone by the order, or maybe the owner just personalized his set with the emblem. Most of the newer uses I could find seem to have flipped the triangle point up instead of down, but I came up with these that are very similar to your emblem:

Also, I don't believe those cardboard blade boxes are the right ones either. The 1921 catalog says that the Traveler would have had metal blade boxes:

proxy.php

I was watching that one, too. No question that the emblem was a later add-on. It looks like an emblem of the Scottish Rite Freemasons, and I think the "32" would represent the 32nd degree.

Did a quick bit of Googling and that's definitely what it is. Perhaps the set was a gift to someone by the order, or maybe the owner just personalized his set with the emblem. Most of the newer uses I could find seem to have flipped the triangle point up instead of down, but I came up with these that are very similar to your emblem:

Also, I don't believe those cardboard blade boxes are the right ones either. The 1921 catalog says that the Traveler would have had metal blade boxes:

proxy.php

Mac, that is so cool about the Freemasons, however I don't know if this is a Traveler or not. Most of the pics I've seen the cases have the word "Traveler" silk screened on the lining, so I'm not 100% sure but I still think the blade cases aren't correct. The Travelers as far as I can tell had 1 case for blades...yes?

Mac, that is so cool about the Freemasons, however I don't know if this is a Traveler or not. Most of the pics I've seen the cases have the word "Traveler" silk screened on the lining, so I'm not 100% sure but I still think the blade cases aren't correct. The Travelers as far as I can tell had 1 case for blades...yes?

Yeah, you're right... But come to that, I can't find any printed matter showing a full Combination Set for the New Improveds. I know Achim's got a gold one posted up on his site, but I really don't like not having a catalog or an ad showing it. It would be too easy for someone to have mis-cased a razor at some point. Maybe I'm just not digging far enough...

Aside from the razor, your set could just as easily be the later Old Type Standard Combination Set, like this one from the 1918 catalog:

proxy.php

"Aside from the razor, your set could just as easily be the later Old Type Standard Combination Set, like this one from the 1918 catalog:"

Mac, I think you're right about the combination set and the razor is a bit of a puzzle in that it looks like it's from a Traveler set

Ummm, it is just me but do the second and fourth pics BOTH look like #15s to anybody else? The #21 has a solid guard bar.

Top Bottom