What's new

Bestshave

I just ordered the Big Pro#1 and a #7 last night along with a few tubes of Old Spice Shave cream and some sticks of Arko. This is my first order with Bestshave and will also be my first experience with all of the items I ordered. I had to left after I made the order because the total didn't even equal 1/4 of what my last badger brush cost.

I just ordered the Big Pro#1 and a #7 last night along with a few tubes of Old Spice Shave cream and some sticks of Arko. This is my first order with Bestshave and will also be my first experience with all of the items I ordered. I had to left after I made the order because the total didn't even equal 1/4 of what my last badger brush cost.

You'll love everything; the #1 is HUGE; ~73 loft/ ~28-30 Knot, too big for my Face... Great for Head Shaves; the #6 works well for Bowl or Face, hard soaps and creams, it dries fast and would be a good inexpensive travel or daily brush. I ordered two more #6's this morning but did not see the #7 listed, only #'s 1,5 & 6, I checked the site ~9:30pm, no #7. The Old Spice Cream in one word... WOW, great scent, very rich lather, I just ordered three more tubes. I've bought from this Vendor for the past year, very good prices for products that really perform well. I just purchased 100 Rapira Russian Blades... $6.20, have those en route with a #7 and 1 Old Spice and Arko SC, purchased July 5th... should arrive by this Monday.

I really dig the Bestshave brushes. I have all of them. I've been using the #5 a lot lately. At first it shed a bit but has stopped. It is much softer than the other bestshave offerings, and reminds me of a high end Vie Long once broken in but the knot is just a little thinner though. Can't beat the prices for horsehair. All of the brushes are good. #1 is good but the #8 is much better for head shavers. Of coarse the #6 is one of the best values in brushes available. I'm glad to see other users finally using them. Great brushes at cheap prices.

Last edited:
I really dig the Bestshave brushes. I have all of them. I've been using the #5 a lot lately. At first it shed a bit but has stopped. It is much softer than the other bestshave offerings, and reminds me of a high end Vie Long once broken in but the knot is just a little thinner though. Can't beat the prices for horsehair. All of the brushes are good. #1 is good but the #8 is much better for head shavers. Of coarse the #6 is one of the best values in brushes available. I'm glad to see other users finally using them. Great brushes at cheap prices.
Any Idea of the Loft and knot size?

I'm guessing the #8 is around 28-30 mm knot about same height as #1 but much denser. It's not listed on the site right now? The #5 is around 22-24 mm knot and about the same height as #6 and #7. The #5 breaks in really soft, I would suppose it's more tail hair than the other offerings from bestshave.

I'm guessing the #8 is around 28-30 mm knot about same height as #1 but much denser. It's not listed on the site right now? The #5 is around 22-24 mm knot and about the same height as #6 and #7. The #5 breaks in really soft, I would suppose it's more tail hair than the other offerings from bestshave.

Thanks for the info, I've got a #7 and two #6's en route, I noticed the #7 is no longer listed. I had the #1, 6 &7 previously (all PIFed), and even though I have a few (3) Vie-Long Horses, I do miss the inexpensive Turks and re-ordered.

Top Bottom