What's new

Best ink by brand

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
What's your favorite brand? Not a specific ink, just your overall thoughts by brand. Which companies provide you with the greatest level of satisfaction in terms of flow, drying, colors, etc.?

I have to say the Iroshizuku line. All six I have tried have been so consistent with exactly the same properties and their colors really do match perfectly with the nature themes.

I really like Noodlers -especially the Eel series.

In terms of a readily available product, I think Waterman makes some very good ink - great bottle (its designed so you can tip it on its side to get the last bit of ink out).

iroshizuku by a lot so far, but Sailor may be right in there, too.

I have had little trouble with any brand as far as flow, drying, etc.

For colors, along with the above two, Noodler's can be great, although hit or miss.

J Herbin gets mad props for 1670 and Lune for color and I suppose everything else.

Not sure why I have not pursued Caran more. I tried a lot its colors at the last DC pen show and liked almost all of them when I tried them there. I have the Caran Amazon--a green--and it is my favorite medium green by a lot.

Last edited:
Noodler's particularly their Bulletproof inks, with Violet Vote and Legal Lapis at the top of the list. Many of the Russian series inks have beautiful colors, but can be a bit difficult.
Waterman inks for their safe and consistent function on XXXXF nibs
J Herbin for shading, particularly wider nibs. Pearl Noire is a very well behaved ink.
Sailor - Kiwagaro is a favorite. Others less so.
Pilot iroshizuku - just beautiful colors
Mont Blanc scented inks and blue black (Iron gall).

I'm sure I left a lot out, but these come to mind in particular.

---
Ken

Noodlers, private reserve, herbin in that order because it's 0645 ask me in an hour and the order my change depending on my mood.

So far my favorites are Noodlers and Waterman. The Waterman ink doesn't seem to get much love here but it's a rock solid, consistent performer in every pen I've tried it in.

Diamine......Have tried numerous inks over the last 20 odd years & Diamine is by far the best, nice colours & flow.....and they are British to boot !!!

Top Bottom