What's new

What Ink Colour?

I know there's the usual Black and Blue ink but what wierd and wonderful colour do you use?

Mine's Golden Brown - Pelikan or Onoto Ink

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I'm pretty conservative on my color choices for daily use but I've been known to use purple occasionally.

Onoto Ink? We don't see that here, is it by Diamine?

Some of my favorite fun colors are:
Noodler's Tiananmen - a red warmed up with just a bit of brown
Noodler's Golden Brown - sort of a warm, dark amber
Noodler's Navajo Turquoise- when I want a BRIGHT blue

I like:
Private Reserve Black Cherry -- It really looks like Black cherry.
Private Reserve Chocolat -- Yummy.
J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune -- magical!

Noodler's Golden Brown, Iroshizuku Fuyu-Syogun and Noodler's Apache Sunset are probably the most unusual/mysterious colors I have used. These colors seem to transport me when I look at them on paper.

I like theses more unique colors:

J Herbin Orange Indien (great shading, brown to bright orange)

J Herbin Cafe des Iles (a brown with nice shading)

and the J Herbin Rouge Hematite 1670

I, like my father, use Pelikan turquoise. My father still has loads of Gov. issue (H.M.S.O.). A long time ago above a certain rank it was the done thing. Funny enough while out at family friends I love to look through old visitors books and just flicking through you are stopped in your tracks by the bright green signature.

I've a bottle of noodlers army green that lives in my desk at work. A great colour for "business". Its not bright at all, just a nice understated green.

Wow it looks like a lot of us use some wierd and wonderful colours - I suppose, like using vintage or modern safety and straight razors, we like to be different.

I'm liking my Platinum Mix-Free Smoke Black + Aqua Blue (50/50). It's a dark smokey black that almost has a hint of blue if you hold your mouth right, but mostly just looks like a charcoal. Suits my Graphite-colored Lamy Al-Star nicely.

Private Reserve Buttercup is the most non-main stream I have. Love the colour but it does not get much use as it does not contrast enough on white paper to be easy to read.

Noodler's Cactus Fruit Eel is one of my faves - great hot fuschia pink color, fabulous lubrication for my drier-writing pens.

Kung Te-Cheng is another favorite, but boy is it a gusher! I like my inks wet though. :)

Top Bottom