What's new

Shirt and vest combos.

Now, i've always been more for a shirt and vest than a suit. I don't like to "dress up", I just like to dress nice. I usually wear very casual clothing, right now I am wearing dickies shorts and a checkered Lee shirt.

I own only one "fancy" shirt, and two or three vests. The shirt is almost baby blue and i've been thinking about wearing it with a pair of dark blue Dickies 874's(?) and a vest, but I feel the dark blue pants with a vest of the same color is a bit too much.

What I need, gents, are suggestions! Think dressed nice, but sort of casual. I want to be able to go out for a walk, and to a party dressed in this fashion. So give me your thoughts!

Grateful for any help,
Tim

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
... but I feel the dark blue pants with a vest of the same color is a bit too much.

What I need, gents, are suggestions! Think dressed nice, but sort of casual. I want to be able to go out for a walk, and to a party dressed in this fashion.

I don't see a problem in going "monochrome" with your pants and vest, provided it's a dark, neutral colour like navy blue. I will assume that your vests are woolen sweater-vests, with a v-neck.

If not, go buy some.

Also, consider the "fair isle" look. You see one of them in this video, which will also give you some other good ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom