What's new

Holy Grail of Razors? Shavemate Revolution

I actually got the four blade version of the ShaveMate several years ago on a whim when I saw it in Walmart and got curious. It was absolutely awful, worse than mainstream cartridge razors. Cheaply manufactured.

I was ready to buy a case of them, but that guy's voice annoyed the hell out of me, oh well, their loss
ken who is staying with his aristocrat

agh. i cringed when I saw his cheek skin get pushed inwards while he was dry shaving. Attempt that with a feathers blade on any razor!

ugh!..cream that comes out of the razors (you know where)...this has to be embarrassing to most.
Does Gillette know their 10blade razor is already being made somewhere in the world..and who knows what will come from the other end...:001_tt2:

ST

L

Lou T

I don't understand the mocking fellas. The cream is actually made in USA and is premium. The razors have been tested against the big brands and test better. Many top media and celebrities have endorsed ShaveMate. So what's up. Maybe you can try them and then comment? What do you say?

I don't understand the mocking fellas. The cream is actually made in USA and is premium. The razors have been tested against the big brands and test better. Many top media and celebrities have endorsed ShaveMate. So what's up. Maybe you can try them and then comment? What do you say?

Nice try ShaveMate guy.

What's that? Did we hear a voice from under the bridge? Could it have been ... a corporate TROLL?? :eek:

Just because the cream is made in <insert location here> doesn't mean it's any good, let alone "premium" and as somebody already mentioned, if you have to put that much pressure on your skin to shave you're begging for awful razor burn regardless of how "premium" the cream is. There's a reason people are migrating back to single bladed razors and this design fail will just help reinforce that.

L

Lou T

Under a bridge? And did you just call me a troll?? Ease it down striker, I'm a big strong man. Anytime you want to call me that name in person I would be glad to oblidge in a lively interaction.

So, these are disposables?...man, what a waste or resources when every human should be thinking about conservation of resources!!!

If someone must use a cart, the Indian Gillette Guard is best. It is relatively less waste and performance is really, really good! It's my away from home razor of choice. Great for travel as I can use it with shaving oil which doesn't clog it due to the open comb design.

Under a bridge? And did you just call me a troll?? Ease it down striker, I'm a big strong man. Any time you want to call me that name in person I would be glad to oblige in a lively interaction.

Yes, I called you a troll. Would you have preferred I use the term "fanboi"? Deal with it, "big boy". That toy looks like it belongs in the back pages of a dodgy mail order catalogue, not pushed on a serious shaving forum.

Under a bridge? And did you just call me a troll?? Ease it down striker, I'm a big strong man. Anytime you want to call me that name in person I would be glad to oblidge in a lively interaction.

For the commercial, are there any real blades in there? there is no way that some of those shots are possible with the real deal! If it has real blades, that man has a face of steel along with his buns, abs...

Isn't it also interesting how there are so many "good reviews" on the google search? I also liked how so many of these sites admit to taking money for their reviews...hmmmm

Last edited:
L

Lou T

I was made aware of some definitions of forum verbiage, and so knowing this now I apologize for a previous post.

This is a perfect Razor, and here's why, if many many folk use these types of razors it will keep the cost of ol Granpa's DE's down, if everyone changed to DE's then that would jack the price of everything DE related up.

Can't wait to see a 10 blade skin grafter.

I guess I don't need a shave for a while... as soon as my facial hairs saw this thing, they dug in deep and are either hidden or starting to migrate to my chest to move in with their cousins!

I can't even imagine this being put in the hotel overnight free grooming bag or airline delay kit (I always ask for those things when stuck somewhere).

Joe.

I said his voice annoyed me, it does, read the fine print, the guy hosts a program called "Pitchmen" add to that a sort of British accent (is that supposed to impart respectability) no, the voice is like a carnival pitchman or a street vendor.

I stated how I felt and did not tell anyone else how to think,, think about it
ken

I think the point is, many of us here have migrated from cartridge/disposables because of the "blade wars" - 2 blades, 3,4,5, and now 6. My short time here has changed how I view a lot of these "hype blades." It also doesn't help that pitchmen are used (the kings of over-hyping products) to sell them, that "reviewers" are paid, etc.

Who knows, perhaps it actually is better than a fusion/mach3/quattro. I can't say that the shavemate is worthless since I haven't tried it but I did infer a few things from those infommercials and reviews.

L

Lou T

I understand completely. I appreciate the history of shaving and the great razors out there. But becuase of the 5 blades, Retailers would not sell our two blades or three blades models. Also, just to set the record straight, the ShaveMate co. has never paid for reviews, nor know of anyone else who paid for reviews, other than the two people in the commercial, and that was for their time.

Top Bottom