What's new

Cobra Razor from ClassicShaving

I was reading here and other forums about this Cobra Razor. It piqued my interest - well I received it three days ago and my reviews are in - AWESOME!!!

It is well-made and handles very nicely in my hand. I ordered plenty of the Professional feather blades - so I am good for a nice long time.

I lathered up using Turkish Old Spice - after prepping (shower with noxema on face for a couple of minutes) and I jumped in. The first time - I had NO pressure - got a very good shave, with very little razor burn. Based on all the reviews - I thought I would see blood dripping off my face...The second shave, I had more confidence - I got a BBS in two passes with maybe one little touch up on neck. No razor burn, BBS (including trouble spots - jaw near ear, neck near adams apple and under lip) - there was nothing left to shave. Put on some Poraso AS - and it felt great.

I would consider this the closest shave - a touch closer (a gnat's eyelash) than a Gem OCMM.

I have to go through my collection and move a bunch of DE's and SE and injectors - as I think I found my razor.

If you are thinking about getting one - just do it - as you only live once - but you shave everyday and you should enjoy it...

I'm looking to get me a Cobra soon. Can't remember where I read it, but some people were saying that if you use it everyday, it will thin out your skin. Is this true?

No - it got a very close shave - with no razor burn, weepers or skin loss....Believe me I would have noticed - as I have tried other very aggressive razors - Barbasol with Feathers, Slim Adjustable opened up to 9 and Futur opened way up - so I know what a bad shave it.

This was just a touch better than a Gem OCMM.

Impossible to "thin out your skin". The skin is an organ constantly replacing itself, healing and regenerating.

Just picked up mine at the Post Office today - it comes in a genuine cardboard box with a Classic Shaving sticker on it - a blade safe was included along with the 20 pack of blades....

First impressions are generally good, but the underside area where the lever toggles is not finished very well - has some graininess - and does not have a good polish. I will probably wait to the weekend to try it as it seems easy to get HACKED if you're sleepy or careless!

the price is outrageous, of course.

so are those of $50-80+ for schick injectors recently seen on ebay!

i agree, however, that longer-term blade availability is probably a non-issue.

jr/john

p.s. : but honestly, don't you really crave one???

I had been toying with the idea of getting a Cobra, but I decided to get the new Muhle 41 instead. It is hard to imagine that it is possible to get more exposure since it feels and sounds like a straight.

I would love to read a comparison of these two razors.

"thin out your skin" i would comment, but i honestly dont have a clue as to what that even means man.

Impossible to "thin out your skin". The skin is an organ constantly replacing itself, healing and regenerating.

+1 And let us say, "Ramen!" :angel:

I read this info one another Shave Forum. The Shave My Face Forum to be more exact. If you would like PM me for the thread or to a search on Cobra Classic on the site.

Anyway, i have several "Aggressive" razors and enjoy using them all. I am planning to buy a Cobra Classic very soon, and wanted to hear form actual long time users to see how they like them.

I read this info one another Shave Forum. The Shave My Face Forum to be more exact. If you would like PM me for the thread or to a search on Cobra Classic on the site.

Anyway, i have several "Aggressive" razors and enjoy using them all. I am planning to buy a Cobra Classic very soon, and wanted to hear form actual long time users to see how they like them.

Well, it's no truer over at SMF (where I am a member in good standing and a daily visitor) than it is here (where I am likewise, etc).

In this instance, I did indeed chime in. I can't or won't address every bit of perceived misinformation I come across online. But trust me, you got a bum steer. Your face is as sensitive as it is. And you're not going to do to it what an electric meat slicer does to a roast beef in the deli.

Relax! You'll be fine! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Well, it's no truer over at SMF (where I am a member in good standing and a daily visitor) than it is here (where I am likewise, etc).

In this instance, I did indeed chime in. I can't or won't address every bit of perceived misinformation I come across online. But trust me, you got a bum steer. Your face is as sensitive as it is. And you're not going to do to it what an electric meat slicer does to a roast beef in the deli.

Relax! You'll be fine! :thumbup:

Thanks!:wink2:

I was reading here and other forums about this Cobra Razor. It piqued my interest - well I received it three days ago and my reviews are in - AWESOME!!!

It is well-made and handles very nicely in my hand. I ordered plenty of the Professional feather blades - so I am good for a nice long time.

I lathered up using Turkish Old Spice - after prepping (shower with noxema on face for a couple of minutes) and I jumped in. The first time - I had NO pressure - got a very good shave, with very little razor burn. Based on all the reviews - I thought I would see blood dripping off my face...The second shave, I had more confidence - I got a BBS in two passes with maybe one little touch up on neck. No razor burn, BBS (including trouble spots - jaw near ear, neck near adams apple and under lip) - there was nothing left to shave. Put on some Poraso AS - and it felt great.

I would consider this the closest shave - a touch closer (a gnat's eyelash) than a Gem OCMM.

I have to go through my collection and move a bunch of DE's and SE and injectors - as I think I found my razor.

If you are thinking about getting one - just do it - as you only live once - but you shave everyday and you should enjoy it...

Good to hear that. I am wondering: did some one ever compare it to the Feather AC? As it is in the same price range as the AC SS (which I have), and uses the same blades. BTW: I do not consider the OCMM aggressive, nor do I get a closer shave out of that one, but that is me :laugh:

Good to hear that. I am wondering: did some one ever compare it to the Feather AC? As it is in the same price range as the AC SS (which I have), and uses the same blades. BTW: I do not consider the OCMM aggressive, nor do I get a closer shave out of that one, but that is me :laugh:

Wil, what characteristics are you trying to compare? the results of the shave? i have both and i think that a very very close shave with both is easy.

Top Bottom