What's new

Aftershave that smells like a young person and is good

What's a good aftershave that moisturizes, tones, and doesn't smell like old people and isn't too expensive? Most aftershaves I see have throwback smells, but I'm not old so I don't want to smell like it even if it does smell good. I want to smell modern and young.

Dr Harris Arlington splash. If you have dry skin then use the Arlington balm/milk or use a moisturizer after you shave then use the Arlington splash. Another way to go about it is to use Witch Hazel which tones and then use your favorite cologne.

I like to consider myself pretty young (only 30) and I personally love Aqua Velva and Old Spice (both available at most brick and mortar stores like Walmart and CVS). I think Geo F Trumpers Skin Food does a good job too, only tried the lime, but if their sandalwood smells like their cream one then it would be good in that scent as well.

Personally I think most people younger than me around work use crappy Axe and it smells terrible. But what would you say a young and modern person smells like? The only scents I have smelled that reminded me of my grandfather were Tabac and Pinaud Clubman.

Hahahahaha. Oh man sorry for laughing, I just remember being 18 and thinking that same thing. Quickly you will learn that you are only as old as you feel :) .

Think about it this way, how many of your friends use Aqua Velva? Being the only one you could be a trend setter :) . Be cool before everyone else tries to steal the cool heh (no pun intended).

Seriously though, what colognes do you like? Any particular scent you think of as "young?"

Being 26 and looking for my first AS splash yesterday at the local supermarket, I sampled some stuff, including Adidas (everything they had), Axe, Puma and some other sports brands they carried. I was transported back to the days when I still did sports and other guys used deoderants smelling just like this. I just got this association with sweaty socks and A-hole jocks, nearly gagged. Young people stink in more ways than AS can cover up :001_tongu

Walked out with Old Spice White Water, feeling very nostalgic and manly.

Axe makes aftershave?

ETA, apparently they do, although I've never seen it for sale. Is it available in stores the United States?

Last edited:
I sometimes use the Adidas Dynamic Pulse and our 21 yr old female neighbor liked it when she smelled it at a BBQ. She also thought the Bigelow White Elixir was the nicest smelling cologne I had to so there ya go. And I guess I am going coffin & plot shopping this weekend now as I am 38!

Jay

I think TOBS Eton College is good, but it's an alcohol based, so no moisturizing properties. It's a fresh, summery, citrus scent and leaves my skin feeling smooth- good stuff. Just don't use after a poor shave, it burns worse than clubman bay rum.

I am 35 and I bought my youngest "Mustela Musti Eau de Soin" (Water, Propylene Glycol, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance, Glyceryl Caprylate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract).

It definitely doesn't smell old, smells very young and refreshing!!! i can't stop taking a whiff it smells so good!!

AND No Parabens or Phthalates

Is that young enough?

Ahhh yes, I remember 18. An age where you actually care what others around you might think. You'll realize in a few years how pathetic that is. Wear what you like and to hell with the rest. :thumbup1:

My son is 17 and likes Pinaud Clubman. He tells me that it reminds him of the barber shop we used to go to a few years back before they closed. His classmates in HS like that scent too. Maybe a new trend? Who knows...

I like the witch hazel then cologne option. I'm 28, so youngish by the OPs standards and I like many different scents. I have Pinaud Clubman that I like occasionally, but also use Aqua Di Gio and D&G Light Blue. My FAVORITE scent is Ralph Lauren Safari AS balm. It is amazing..... Best thing to do is get to a department store, and start smelling. Hit up your local pharmacy too. Good luck!

My answer here is much the same as my answer about "manly" scents - this simply cannot be answered objectively since who can possibly know what smells young or old or in between and there is no reason to believe that my opinion would match yours or anyone else's.

So, assuming you are young, then find something you like and by definition it will be a young scent (at least to you). On the other hand if you are old, if you like it it will be an oldman scent (at least to you). If you need someone else's approval to validate your opinions, then I'm not sure you are ever going to find an answer.

I don't think cologne, or aftershave has age ranges. I simply wear what I think smells good, and advise that you do the same. Find a scent you love, and wear it with pride, and joy!

I would avoid the likes of Axe (and anything else that is heavily used by the teenage crowd), as who wants to smell like every other bloke on the street? You will get far more attention from the opposite sex if you smell great, but unique!!

Top Bottom