What's new

Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream: Does it taste better if its Green?

Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream Does it Taste Better if the Ice Cream is Green?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just gotta ask. Started as a debate with my wife years ago and it came up at the office the other day. So the question is: If the ice cream is green does it really taste better?

It provably does not; if someone disagrees with you, offer them a big spoonful of green dye or food colouring.

Whether the brain is psychologically induced to manipulate the "taste experience" based on the green colour, is another question.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Nope. All you have to do is try the Breyers mint chocolate chip, so good and the ice cream is cream colored.
reyrascon:
+ 1 and Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip is 'da Bomb'. :thumbsup:

Christopher
proxy.php
"You scream, I scream, we all scream for Ice Cream". American Proverb

I like mine green. That's why Salter's Fresh Mint shave cream is so appealing. It looks and smells like mint chocolate chip ice cream (minus the chips). I haven't eaten Breyers since I found a quarter sized rubber gasket in a tub. I mailed it to them asking what "all natural" ingredient it was, but they didn't respond & just sent me a lousy coupon which I threw out.

Adding mint flavor to ice cream shouldn't turn it green. I am a breyers fan too. I think only the fake mint ice cream is green and should be avoided at all costs.

As briefly stated above, the color can add a new "dimension" to the taste by making it visually more appealing. Studies have been done on the color of food and the way our brains interpret taste. Although I am sure the results are minimal and not true for everyone, some do say that the more colorful foods taste better even when they are identical.

Green or not doesn't make any difference to me. What does make a difference is when the ice cream you just got from the supermarket tastes grainy and has lost its creaminess. Is this because it was shipped at a temperature that was to high and then refrozen from too soft? I don't know, but at various times I've had this problem with a lot of brands, including Haagen Dasz and Breyer's. When the ice cream is smooth and creamy, Breyer's mint chocolate chip is wonderful. Unfortunately, it's not always creamy.

Ford

Top Bottom