What's new

Definitely a boar convert

Dagnabbit! The one thing I was safe from was a brush AD. The pure badger I had was perfectly functional, better brushes were expensive enough to make curious experimentation purchases prohibitive. I had my brush and I was happy with it, freeing me up to acquire new and interesting blades, razors, soaps and creams.

But I just HAD to pick up a <$20 boar brush. And fall in love with it. Now I want more.

More.

MORE.

MOOOOOOORE! :drool:

But I just HAD to pick up a <$20 boar brush. And fall in love with it. Now I want more.

That is the nature of the boar. They are cheaper but in the end that doesn't make any (economic) difference! :001_tt2:

I went from boar to badger and back. Every now and then the badgers get their use as well but 95% of the time the boar rules.

Yeah, boars are nice.

I use them both, have mostly Badgers, but want a few more Boars. I have enough Badgers and see no need for any more. Each of my brushes see equal use, since I have them in a rack, lined up, and I go to the next in it's turn.

OK, I have a bunch of the $.50 boar brushes, but I only use one of those rarely.

Which boar did you purchase?

An Omega 10275 - inexpensive and available locally. Funnily enough, the resulting "user experience" I got from this brush was not what I was looking for. I thought I was getting a coarser scrubbier brush than my black badger for those times when I wanted a little more oomph to shift dead skin etc. However, once this wee brush soaks up some lather it is sooooooo soft on the face, while still giving it a bit more of an oomphy scrub than the black badger.

I mainly use creams, as soaps are hard to come by locally. The boar does a better job face lathering the creams, infinitely better job on the one soap I have, both bowl and face lather, and is a match for the badger bowl lathering all but one cream (Kappus) which even the badger struggles with.

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Im an official boar junky myself.....may I suggest the semouge line, the 1305 or 1250 are both great.

I like the firmness of the boar brushes but also crave the softness of the badger. I found the best compromise in the 2 band. I still use boar, best bang for the buck too.

Al raz.

I'm certainly not knocking badgers, just of the grand total of two brushes I own I prefer my 1/4 the price boar in almost every respect. I always planned sometime in the lofty and distant future to acquire a silvertip, but never had any intention of acquiring other badgers of similar quality to my own as the money is too much for what could essentially be same or worse, but probably not better.

Ive tried enough badgers, really appreciate them for what they are. Boars just work better for me, for the cost there is no comparison.

I too started with badgers, decided to try a boar because hey, IT'S SO CHEAP! I got myself an Omega 10049, and it's become my default brush.

I have the same problem. Bought a few nice badgers, but I usually reach for my trusty Omega for a great lather.

Top Bottom