What's new

FPOTD: Week of July 18th - July 24th 2011

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I thought I'd start the week off with one of my favorite pens, the Pelikan 140, circa 1954
proxy.php

Still empty, you can easily see the excellent transparency of the barrell

14K semi-flex oblique fine, writes wet and like a medium
proxy.php

Enjoy your pens this week!

Today was "Big Red" and the "51" Flighter.....

Old Pics tho... and will be the pens for the next 2 days, augmented by my "51" desk pen.

$HPIM0847.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pelikan has a an extra fine nib, so does the Sailor. It's apparent in the picture that the Sailor lays down a much finer line. It's even more noticeable in person.

full

The Pelikan has a an extra fine nib, so does the Sailor. It's apparent in the picture that the Sailor lays down a much finer line. It's even more noticeable in person.

full

How do you like the Edelstein Onyx? I am expecting a bottle of it tomorrow, along with the Edelstein Aventurine.

EDIT: BTW, nice pens!

How do you like the Edelstein Onyx? I am expecting a bottle of it tomorrow, along with the Edelstein Aventurine.

EDIT: BTW, nice pens!

Thanks! I like the Edelstein just fine. The flow is good, it dries fairly quickly and I can get some nice shading with a broader nib. The Sailor is so fine that their isn't really much shading.

strop

Now half as wise
Again today I'm using the Laban, though now with Private Reserve Sonic Blue, and my shoped turned monster with Levenger Raven Black, so didn't post new pictures.

Speaking of pictures, I need some lessons. For you guys with great pics, any pointers? Thanks.

Will be out of the office and maybe even internet for a few days, so see you next week.

Mark

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Grey marbled M200 Pelikan, fine gold plated steel nib. Cap engraved W-Germany, Diamine Tropical Blue ink. Uncommon color pen.

I've mostly been using my Waterman Philieas this week. For some reason I didn't really click with it when I got it, but I took it on a trip (figuring if I lost it, it wouldn't be a big deal) and it has really grown on me.

Still at my Army Reserve training, so carrying on with two really fun pens:

Sipula Passaporto - Sailor Tokiwa Matsu
Lamy - 5 O'Clock Shadow

proxy.php

My Kaweco came in, so I'm carrying it along side my Lamy Al-Star while I do some comparison. So far, comfort goes to Lamy while writing performance goes to Kaweco.

Oh, and a little something to keep me focused.

Attachments

• $IMG_0706.jpg
    $IMG_0706.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 106
Top Bottom