What's new

Bad day, good shave (A beginners third documented straight shave)

Well, like the title says, this has been a bad day. Not because anything happened, but I often tend to just feel low, like i'm going to sink through the floor.

However, to counter this, I decided to treat myself to a shave!
And some shave it was, my closest yet!

The last time I went WTG twice, this time I decided to switch it up and go WTG and then XTG.

My lather ended up better than the last few times, though still a bit dry somehow, despite me using MUCH more water.

My stropping seems to have improved a bit I think. While the razor does not "sing", it maintains enough sharpness to give a close good shave without any razor burn.

Also I used both hands to shave this time, while using my left hand felt a bit awkward, the result speaks for itself. I got a better MUCH closer shave on my upper lip and chin.

The whole process of pampering yourself really does lift your spirit, and since most guys don't use make-up or do their nails, this is one of the few things we have to relish!

Todays picks:
Kropp Straight Razor
TOBS Eton College Shaving Cream
TOBS Pre-Shave Oil
Hot towels
Ogallala Bay Rum AS
Ogalla Bay Rum Cologne

I really want to stress the importance of us men treating ourselves to things like this, it lifts our spirits and gives us an opportunity to focus entirely on ourselves for a while.

This is our daily Tea-ceremony or our everyday Spa.

Indeed, especially when it's usually just seen as a nuisance. I feel very relaxed and can't stop feeling my face right now.

Top Bottom