What's new

Enders razor

Hello,
My new acquisition is an Enders Speed razor. It's really a nice one but i didn't know that blades are not available anymore!! And you know what?? The guy who sold it to me forgot to send me the pack of blades who comes with the razor:mad: I need to know if somebody know a good source for me to buy blades (not on Ebay please) thanks!

Raphaël

I need to know if somebody know a good source for me to buy blades (not on Ebay please) thanks!

I am not sure you really want to shave with 50-70 year old Carbon Steel blades anyway. Assuming they are not rusted, they still will not provide a good shave. Carbon Steel blades haven't stood the test of time very well.

I tried shaving with some Pal blades for an Injector that were from the 1950's, and it was a pretty horrific shave: lots of pulling, and tugging.

I think the Enders razor is probably better off as a display piece.

Here's another reply to a thread that's 4 years old...

I suggest that threads become automatically deleted after 1 year!!! It will clean up the database and help to prevent nonsensical replies.

Well, Eddie . . . this is not the first time I read about someone asking about blades for an Enders. These razors seem to pop up quite often on eBay and many do ask about them. I'll jump to Alex's defense here in that the topic is still valid and I'd bet that he was not purposely injecting an old thread with "zombie un-dead fluid" . . .

That being said, old carbon steel blades are generally not sharp enough to perform well . . . but a few minutes with a hone and strop and they can be brought back enough to allow one to experience the feel of an otherwise unusable old razor . . .

Now if I could only find one of those old Enders blades to hone up and try . . .

Well, Eddie . . . this is not the first time I read about someone asking about blades for an Enders. These razors seem to pop up quite often on eBay and many do ask about them. I'll jump to Alex's defense here in that the topic is still valid and I'd bet that he was not purposely injecting an old thread with "zombie un-dead fluid" . . .

That being said, old carbon steel blades are generally not sharp enough to perform well . . . but a few minutes with a hone and strop and they can be brought back enough to allow one to experience the feel of an otherwise unusable old razor . . .

Now if I could only find one of those old Enders blades to hone up and try . . .
I know, they are worth honing up and using I think.

Attachments

• $1304108791_164934420_1-Pictures-of--Vintage-1940s-Enders-speed-razor-with-box-instructions.jpg
    $1304108791_164934420_1-Pictures-of--Vintage-1940s-Enders-speed-razor-with-box-instructions.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 88
  • $1317658426_260443194_1-Pictures-of--VINTAGE-WM-ENDERS-SAFETY-RAZOR-BOX-OPEN-COMB-SHAVING.jpg
    $1317658426_260443194_1-Pictures-of--VINTAGE-WM-ENDERS-SAFETY-RAZOR-BOX-OPEN-COMB-SHAVING.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 87
  • $WMENDERSSAFETYRAZOR4.jpg
    $WMENDERSSAFETYRAZOR4.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 88
Enders, Keen kutter and Christy blades are very small and therefore would be extremely hard to hold not to mention achive a proper honiing angle.

Top Bottom