What's new

Pick a new cream for me

Hey guys,

I'm going in a group buy with some mates at English shaving co and since my TOBS lemon lime is almost out I thought I'd grab a new cream. As it's the only cream I've tried, I don't really have anything to compare it to. I don't care too much what the ingredients are, but the lather has to be as good and easy to produce as the tobs. A nice smell is very much a consideration as well, but nothing that lingers too much. I've been considering Trumpers coconut but am willing to try something else if someone can make a good enough case for it. Cheers

Trumpers is a good next choice. Truefitt and Hill is another good choice. I wasn't a giant fan of their scents (not a fan of rose in general and I don't like cologne scents which is what a lot of T&H carries) but their lathers was quality, same with the Trumpers. The drawback was just that TOBS is relatively inexpensive when compared to the other two.

If you want you could just go with a new TOBS scent. Sandalwood is my favorite of theirs, followed closely by Jermyn, Avocado and Almond. I haven't lathered with the other three, but just got my samples the other day and enjoyed their scents very much.

If you end up going the Trumpers route, I suggest their Lime or Sandalwood, those are the two I am going to be ordering (just trying to slowly buy stuff so I don't end up with 5000000000 dollars in shaving debts ;) ).

I found the Truefitt and Hill creams to be great performers but VERY strongly scented, not good for me working in a kitchen. To be honest though I didn't think they lingered or anything, but anything that strongly scented stays in my nose for a long time (personal weirdness heh).

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I do like lime, but I have some OBR Limes and Peppercorns soap right now so I'm keen to try something different as far as scent goes. Looks like I'll go with the Trumpers coconut cream, unless someone comes up with another suggestion.

You could go with QCS creams or else Vintage Blades Brand Luxury Shaving Cream. They are great performers and reasonably priced.

You could go with QCS creams or else Vintage Blades Brand Luxury Shaving Cream. They are great performers and reasonably priced.

Not carried at English Shaving Co.

Hey guys,

I'm going in a group buy with some mates at English shaving co and since my TOBS lemon lime is almost out I thought I'd grab a new cream. As it's the only cream I've tried, I don't really have anything to compare it to. I don't care too much what the ingredients are, but the lather has to be as good and easy to produce as the tobs. A nice smell is very much a consideration as well, but nothing that lingers too much. I've been considering Trumpers coconut but am willing to try something else if someone can make a good enough case for it. Cheers

I enjoyed the Trumpers GFT if you switch Brands, if not give the TOBS Eton College a shot.

Just managed to get hold of a tub of Truefitt & Hill Authentic No. 10, their newish budget range. £8 for a 200gm tub and it is excellent stuff. Great, easy lather, very cushioning and slick. The scent is rather nice too, though a bit hard to describe. Quite fresh.

Gareth

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I do like lime, but I have some OBR Limes and Peppercorns soap right now so I'm keen to try something different as far as scent goes. Looks like I'll go with the Trumpers coconut cream, unless someone comes up with another suggestion.

You're on the right track there. I loooove Trumper's coconut - maybe my favorite cream. Another product you can get from TESC is the EJ Sea Buckthorn, a good performer with a unique, fruity smell I really like as well.

I think that you'll like Trumper's Coconut. I bought some after going through tubs of TOBS Eton College and Rose. It's a fantastic scent and IMHO, the cream is a bit better performance-wise over TOBS.

Edwin Jagger Aloe is my new favorite right now, the scent is incredible to me...i love the T&H 1805 my 2nd favorite cream and scent...

Castle Forbes Lime is an absolute must. Trumper's Coconut is another great performer and although the scent is great it isn't the best Coconut out there. I heavily recommend also giving the TOBS line, especially the cologne scents, a try.

Also try Al's The Bomb shaving cream. The scents are hit or miss but I love shaving with it and it literally explodes into lather, hence the name.

Top Bottom