What's new

What are you listening to?

Pat Metheny's Bright Size Life (recorded December 1975 in West Germany, when I'd just arrived in Mannheim). A great solo album.

"Ecstacy for gold" ~ Ennio Morricone

ooh, good one!

I'm currently listening to the album Sixty Six Steps by Mike Gordon (of Phish) and Leo Kottke

I bought this last year when it came out. It is a greatly overlooked album by two mastermind artists. Very laid back calypso style music. Kottke fans will say its too "silly and jammy" because of Mike's...well silly and jam band roots. Phish phans...well most of us love it. Especially since Mike is taking a complete year off from anything musical. They do a great version of the Phish staple "Ya Mar". I got way too excited when Mike actually said "Play it Leo"...:wink:

I know 99% of you have no clue what I'm talking about...but I know there are a few phans out there! You might bash me for liking this album, but it is definitely a breath of fresh air.

I’ve been on a real Iron Maiden tear lately, just finished up the Power Slave album, and am now heading to the Fear of the Dark album. Both great albums from a truly great band.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Complete Organ works by Johannes Brahms.

'Welt, Ich muss dich lassen'...

I'm not a big fan of organ music, but nothing shows off an audio system better than a great organ. My favorite, completely over the top recording is this

http://www.dorian.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=5519

which features the most frightening low bass I have ever heard. If you have a truly capable subwoofer (one that plays well into the infrasonic range) you won't soon forget this recording.

Top Bottom