What's new

Arko vs Palmolive stick...which is better for sensitive skin?

proxy.php

vs

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21HT5BAzhoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Arko did not play particularly well with my sensitive skin, I found it a little harsh and drying. YMMV.

I also found Arko to be drying, but the other 99.9% of guys here love it.
I'd say that you can't go wrong with either, and if you do you're only out a couple bucks.

Cool, thanks. I think i'll go for the Palmolive then. I have been using the Wilkinson Sword bowl, which I find a little drying for my skin.

I use and like both. Some soaps can really dry my skin but I haven't figured out yet what the 'to avoid ingredient' is apart from a lot of essential oils. Both go very well with my skin but I think that Arko is the better performer though not by much.

Both work amazingly well, but Arko irritates my skin with its strong scent. Give me a lightly scented Arko and I'll buy it by the pound!

I also had trouble with Arko. It makes a great lather, but I found that about an hour after shaving, even though the shave was irritation free, my skin would be sore. Figured out there's some ingredient that doesn't play well with my skin.

But I use Palmolive regularly with no problems. Nice, creamy lather and I think it has a fantastic, classic scent.

Palmolive is a little better for my skin as well. Arko is like Ivory, cleans but takes every oil from your face and leaves it dry. Some argue that that's what moisturizer is for.

Hi, one more Q. How hard do you have to rub the stick on your face? or can you even use it in a cup and whisk up some lather? The thing is my face gets really inflamed easily if rub it medium/hard, but I like the sound of the stick format, for travel/convenience.

Hi, one more Q. How hard do you have to rub the stick on your face? or can you even use it in a cup and whisk up some lather? The thing is my face gets really inflamed easily if rub it medium/hard, but I like the sound of the stick format, for travel/convenience.

Before rubbing on your face, place the working end in a small amount of warm water ~1 minute and soften the soap. Hydrate your face then remove soap and rub on your face, ready to build your lather, use light pressure building lather with the tips.

I have been using the Wilkinson Sword bowl, which I find a little drying for my skin.
While I've never used it, I have heard that almost anything is better than this.

How hard do you have to rub the stick on your face?
Not hard. If both your face and the end of the stick are wet, it glides pretty smoothly. To get enough soap on my face while using only light pressure, I go over my face 3-4 times, with both circular and paintbrush motions (like you were lathering), making sure some strokes go against the grain. Rewet the end of the stick if it ever seems to start dragging. Then take your brush and whip up lots of lucious lather!

I have used both Arko and Palmolive sticks, and like them both.

Last edited:
I have both, and to me, the Palmolive is more drying.

On my skin Arko is more mosturizing, but the Palmolive smells alot nicer ha!

But as they say, YMMV.

They're both cheap, so I'd recommend buying both sticks and seeing which one fairs well with your skin, and you could always PIF the stick you don't like. Or, you may end up loving both sticks. Don't limit yourself to just one!

Top Bottom