What's new

Is there a blade chart out there on about how many shaves per blade?

I know each person is different in what is preferred but I am finding bladed that most rave about and getting tons of shaves out of not measuring up. For example:

Personna Red box I get a total of 2 ok shaves out of them with no irritation. On the 3rd they do nothing but pull and scrape.

Feathers: Get about 5-7 great shaves out of them before they start to pull. The down side they give me the greatest amount of irritation.

Derby: 4-5 shaves then they start to pull. no irritation with them either.

Would be pretty impossible as it varies too widely. Unless of course, the Personna 74's. (If I had a supply of these, I'd probably still be DE shaving. Only need 3 for a lifetime.) But, anyway, derailed there for a sec. Feathers I can't only get 2 or 3 shaves out of, so my chart would not be nowhere near as yours even. But to answer the question, I know of no such chart. Many have kept personal journals of their experiences.

You will have to make your own personal chart as the number of shaves 'we' get vary a lot. Your Feathers give me one good and one so-so shave. The Derby? I need several to go through one shave. With the Personnas I am in the same boat as you are. Some blades (like Elios) come to 5 which is high in my shave den and I am perfectly happy with smooth blades that give me 4 or 5 shaves.

This is really YMMV territory.,...

There simply isn't enough of a consensus to create such a chart. The most general rule that I keep coming across when somebody asks "How many shave per blade?" is three shaves. Part of the fun is experimenting and finding out what works best for you.

Seems like the consensus is no, there is no chart. It is always a challenge for newbies to find a great match between blade, razor, and current technic. As prep and razor technic get better, the same blades act differently. In another razor, the same blade acts differently. It seems you have found three blades that work for you in some manner.

I'd make suggestions about your shaving, but I don't have any idea where you are in the process. Have fun sorting things out!

There is a chart, for what it's worth. As others have suggested, individual beards and shaving styles differ so widely that your own personal log is probably the best route.

But if you're curious, here it is.

There is a chart, for what it's worth. As others have suggested, individual beards and shaving styles differ so widely that your own personal log is probably the best route.

But if you're curious, here it is.

Yikes! Your avatar has changed! Did you have to look sideways to find this chart? I should have known, in this age of the internet, that anything is available!

Top Bottom