What's new

Which SC after Musgo Real?

When my current tube of Musgo Real is out; which SC do guys recommend? I'll have to say that to date, I think Musgo Real is hard to beat.

Go with Godrej, for the lanolin continuity factor. You may need to work a little to find some in a local Indian/Pakistani market, but it's very inexpensive that way.

MR again. Or Lavanda, made by the same company, lavender scent. If you can find it that is.
+1 ... if you like MR, you'll like Lavanda. That is, if you can find it.

Its supposedly discontinued, but shop around in Portuguese and Brazilian grocery stores, and it may turn up. I pay $2.09 a tube for it, and the store I get it from never seems to run out. Lavanda also has some EdC that is ridiculously cheap, and a nice bath soap, too.

+1 ... if you like MR, you'll like Lavanda. That is, if you can find it.
Its supposedly discontinued, but shop around in Portuguese and Brazilian grocery stores, and it may turn up. I pay $2.09 a tube for it, and the store I get it from never seems to run out. Lavanda also has some EdC that is ridiculously cheap, and a nice bath soap, too.
Sorry about the question, but the Lavanda cream price seems very cheap :w00t: . I was surprised. They currently have in stock at that store??? :confused1
The only online store I know that Lavenda cream is currently sold is shaveabuck
Greetings from Spain!!!

Sorry about the question, but the Lavanda cream price seems very cheap :w00t: . I was surprised. They currently have in stock at that store??? :confused1
The only online store I know that Lavenda cream is currently sold is shaveabuck
Greetings from Spain!!!
Shaveabuck is an online vendor, and his current price of (I think) $16 is laughable. I get mine from a Portuguese/Brazilian supermarket, and I pay $2.09+tax, and the store never seems to run out of stock. I normally buy 3 or 4 tubes every time I'm in that neighborhood, which is about once a month. Its a good 30 miles from where I live.

A tube of Lavanda goes in every pass-around box that comes through my shave-den.

The only downside is that it doesn't lather too much, that doesn't stop it from giving me a great shave every time, especially when I Super-Lather it with something like TOBS Lavender Soap.

If you liked the Musgo Real scent, you might want to try TOBS Mr. Taylor cream. To me, they are close.

If you are looking for something a little different, I just tried Razorock XXX. It is more of a soap, but has a great scent. It is not expensive, either.

I should also say that I think the Musgo Real AS smells close to the Mr. Taylor cologne. The Musgo Real cream may smell different from the Mr.Taylor cream.

-p

Last edited:
Sorry, no great suggestions... Once I tried Musago Real shave cream, I got rid of every other cream (except L'Occitane Cade - which I will *always* keep for the scent.) that I owned. I've tried most of the major creams over the years, lots of samples, lots of full tubes/tubs etc. and when I hit MR, I didn't see any reason to keep the others around...

Just to set things straight, though, I'm a soap guy, and use creams maybe a few times a month at most.

Have to ask, have you tried any of the French soaps, Provence Sante, Pre de Provence etc. which give some incredible lathers that are very moisturizing (or non-drying, as the case may be), great cushion, much like a great cream, and yet provide the slickness of a soap? (They are also reasonably priced, easy to find, and will last you *much* longer than a tube/tub of cream.

Top Bottom