What's new

Review for Noodler's Baystate Blue

Every time I read a positive review I want to buy it. Then I go read a negative review...

Does anyone have any information about whether this stuff will stain a TWSBI diamond? It just looks so good... But it scares the heck out of me. Maybe something for the ol' Hero 616.

Yikes. IAD.

So what is the issue that people have with bsb?

Apparently it will permanently stain certain pens, and there are also some reports of other bad behavior-- clogging, blotting, etc.

I think I'm going to order a sample from Goulet and throw it in the Hero.

Every time I read a positive review I want to buy it. Then I go read a negative review...

Does anyone have any information about whether this stuff will stain a TWSBI diamond? It just looks so good... But it scares the heck out of me. Maybe something for the ol' Hero 616.

Yikes. IAD.

I have it on my 530 I havent noticed anything bad. I loves it. Just buy it. the ink does not mix with other inks so you have to dedicate a pen to it. If you are worried just get a Platinum preppy from Jetpens.com theyre like 3 bucks.

If you load it in your TWSBI make sure you clean it well before using the Baystate blue in it.

It has been known to eat the feeds in Lamy's. I have a very early bottle of it, I don't know if it has been reformulated or not. It has a Gawd awful smell and it deeply stain the sac on a hero 616 and the platinum preppy I have it in. I have pretty much relegated to dip pens and love using it this way.

If you buy the bigger eye-dropper bottle, doesn't it come with a free preppy? I forgot to add it to my last two orders... Must pick it up soon!

If you buy the bigger eye-dropper bottle, doesn't it come with a free preppy? I forgot to add it to my last two orders... Must pick it up soon!

NO it comes with 2 free pens the Preppy is a fine nib and the second one is a new style brush pen I have that set up. its very good.

Look at the review here and you can see that it does not damage your pens

OldSchoolYoungin, Great Review by the way . I hope you really enjoy your Baystate Blue!

Last edited by a moderator:
After using different papers I found that BSB is a pretty feathery ink. On the right paper, though, it's perfect. No comment yet on whether it "destroys feeds" and what-not; I'm just appreciating it for it's character and useability as an everyday blue right now. They say you need to devote one pen to BSB and I really have no problem doing that.

Last edited:
Great review... I got some from on the way from Altair to try out.

I'm suprised you have not received it yet. I'm sure yull get it on Monday.

After using different papers I found that BSB is a pretty feathery ink. On the right paper, though, it's perfect. No comment yet on whether it "destroys feeds" and what-not; I'm just appreciating it for it's character and useability as an everyday blue right now. They say you need to devote one pen to BSB and I really have no problem doing that.

Amen.

I love this ink. I have it in a Lamy Al-Star and I was worried originally because of what I had heard about it ruining the feeds. I have had zero issues with this ink in my Al-Star.

From what I've heard, the Lamy issue was as much with a particular batch of LAmy feeds as the ink. There were some issues, but from what I can gather, they seem to be pretty limited. I will say, it is about the worst staining ink I"ve used, though several household cleaners will take it out of porcelain and stainless.

Top Bottom