Attachments

• $0714012249.jpg
    $0714012249.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 177
  • $0714012248.jpg
    $0714012248.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 170
It's defective. Buy a new one.

Edit: Okay, not really. :001_tt2: It's apparently pretty common. If you can't just push it back together, just lather it up a couple times and maybe the crack will fill in with proto-lather.

Last edited:
It is normal if you like to use a few different soaps, and your Mitchell's sits alone for a while...neglected, and sad...

Common problem with this soap, which will eventually split in half. Bruce's blog talks about this and reccommends putting it in a sealed container to trap moisture, and give it its own enviornment, which I did and it worked. Eventually I milled it and turned it into a stick which I find much more appealing than using a mug or bowl anymore.

My puck has the same crack. I do not use MWF every time, maybe once or twice a month. I was concerned but I have not noticed any decline in quality.

I have thought of running a bead of caulk on the lid to minimize any drying. On my Tabac dish, I placed a rubber band on the lid that creates a nice seal when closed and the puck has remained intact.

I guess, you would need just a little more water than usual in order to make it work.

you guys are to funny that's why i love B&B thanks for the info nice to know that it is a common thing for this soap :wink2:

Mine has the same 'Liberty Bell' type crack. It still works just fine. I would not worry.

The cracks in my MWF look like the Virgin Mary - you can believe what I got for it on e-bay, plus the National Enquirer story!

My puck has the same crack.
So does mine. Apparently, it's quite common. No ill effects, though.

On my Tabac dish, I placed a rubber band on the lid that creates a nice seal when closed and the puck has remained intact.
Another thing helping Tabac pucks remain intact is the fact that it's so snug and cozy with its dish - it nearly has to be forced into place. Unlike MWF, which has tons of room to spare in its dish.

I've always wondered about that. Why is MWF's dish so big?

I've found that if I wet the puck every 1-2 days it won't crack, even if I'm not using it that often. Always make sure to keep the lid on; MWF hates to be dry.

glad i saw this thread just order some today, and prob would have been on here asking that question in a couple of months...

It won't take a couple of months, try 2 weeks. It's a bit disconcerting at first but like has already been said it doesn't like the air.

Top Bottom