What's new

Longevity of T&H 1805 A/S splash versus cologne

Hi all,

I am really digging T&H's 1805 and I have a question. I noticed that T&H's price for their A/S splash is the same as their Cologne -- $75.

Can anybody tell me if the splash lasts as long as the cologne?

Thanks!

I haven't the faintest clue.

If you like 1805, though, but don't want to spend $75 on it, go to your local Walgreens and ask them if you can have a sniff of Antonio Banderas's Blue Seduction cologne. To MY nose, it smells EXACTLY like 1805. (It's made by Puig.) YMMV, but you can rock the 1805 scent for a lot less money by going with Blue Seduction. I know it sounds crazy; that's why I ask you to check it out for yourself.

Is there a difference between a splash and cologne? I have the 1805 balm and also love the scent, I can smell it for a while, but my wife says she can't smell it unless her nose is practically on my face. I am interested in the cologne also.

I can't relate exactly to 1805 as I've never used the AS, but my experience with Trafalgar is that the cologne has a stronger opening and definitely lingers longer. I usually use them in conjunction, though.

(BTW, if you look here, you can get 'em for $64.):wink2:

I haven't the faintest clue.

If you like 1805, though, but don't want to spend $75 on it, go to your local Walgreens and ask them if you can have a sniff of Antonio Banderas's Blue Seduction cologne. To MY nose, it smells EXACTLY like 1805. (It's made by Puig.) YMMV, but you can rock the 1805 scent for a lot less money by going with Blue Seduction. I know it sounds crazy; that's why I ask you to check it out for yourself.

Awesome! I'll definitely check that out and see next time I am near a Walgreen's. We have one about 20 minutes away. Thanks for the tip!

Is there a difference between a splash and cologne?

My understanding is that an aftershave splash contains fewer ppm of the essence than cologne, hence it doesn't last as long. I know one thing for sure -- I can't stand the thought of "splashing" 1805 cologne on! LOL!

I have the 1805 balm and also love the scent, I can smell it for a while, but my wife says she can't smell it unless her nose is practically on my face. I am interested in the cologne also.

My wife can still smell it in the evening if she stands fairly close. A big plus is that she actually likes it! I finally found a fragrance she likes, which is very difficult. She likes most of the T&H line because they don't smell like "Old Man" (whatever the heck that is).

I picked up the Antonio Banderas Blue Seduction Aftershave Balm after a similar recommendation about it being close to 1805. I was out of my 1805 balm and cream samples by the time it showed up so I can't compare it very well, but I really like the scent. It was under $4 at fragrancenet.com, I have seen the EDT for about $30 for 3.4 ounces on the various discount perfume and cologne sites, which is a much better deal than I've found at Walgreens or Wal-Mart. I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

My wife can still smell it in the evening if she stands fairly close. A big plus is that she actually likes it! I finally found a fragrance she likes, which is very difficult. She likes most of the T&H line because they don't smell like "Old Man" (whatever the heck that is).

My wife picked 1805 for me, I was leaning towards Trafalgar. I'm happy either way!

On the cologne/splash thing, I asked because I believe one of my AS, maybe a Pinaud or AV Musk say cologne on them.

My wife picked 1805 for me, I was leaning towards Trafalgar. I'm happy either way!

On the cologne/splash thing, I asked because I believe one of my AS, maybe a Pinaud or AV Musk say cologne on them.

I get the impression that the terms "aftershave", "splash", "EdT" and "cologne" are used fairly loosely (and incorrectly) by folks, even by some in the industry.

I get the impression that the terms "aftershave", "splash", "EdT" and "cologne" are used fairly loosely (and incorrectly) by folks, even by some in the industry.

I would have to agree with you on that point. I don't think that the younger people who have entered the fragrance industry are aware of the differences. I can remember going into Penhaligon's 20 years ago or so and seeing colognes that were applied "by hand" and have noticed the shift over to spray bottles whether it is an after-shave or a cologne. So now only is there a difference in the types or categories that are being shown but also the way that each is applied. Dropping a bottle without a sprayer can be a disaster!

Top Bottom