What's new

Vision or Slant...which..or both?

I have been DE shaving for about a year and a half. My first DE razor was the el-cheapo Feather and while a decent learner, was not what I really wanted. After a few months, I broke down and bought a Vision. This has been my daily razor for the past year or so...and I have loved it the whole time.

Recently, I have been thinking of getting a Slant. I figured I have been DE shaving for long enought to warrant the jump to this "feared beast".

Well, a few weeks ago, I pulled the trigger on the slant, and I love it. Have yet to cut myself and have had some amazing shaves with it. It is much, much, much more easy to handle than I thought it would be and gives me some amazingly close shaves with little effort.

So...which do I prefer?

The answer is simple...neither.

I love the convenience of the slant, but love the shaving experience of the vision.

I guess it all comes down to what do you want. Do you love the DE shave for the closeness or do you enjoy the routine. Personally...I love the routine. I love the pre-shave, the actual shave and then the post-shave. Everything about the shave...I love. The thing is, I don't always have the time. So, what does this all mean???

It comes down to this. If I have the time...you can't beat the Vision. The heft of the razor means that the whole experience is awesome. The thing is, I need a good 3-4 passes with the Vision. This translates into time. Which I don't always have. But...when I have the time. I adore this razor.

When I don't have the time. I love the Slant. 2 passes gives me a great shave and the razor is amazingly easy to handle.

So...what I say is...get both...or even more. The beauty is....variety is the key thing here. If shaving is a chore, you probably aren't reading this. If you love to shave....then both of these razors are beauties.

Take care...

Ron.

I agree with your assessment. Needless to say I love the Merkur Slant but I have gotten better shaves from the Vision. I had rated the Vision the best razor I ever shaved with until I got the Slant/38C Hammer. Now it is a tossup but I would keep the Hammer If I could only have one.

Loading the VISION with a Feather and then opening it wide should reduce the amount of passes needed.

I own and use both and the VISION is music to my ears while the Slant is a 'smooth operator'.

Marty

Top Bottom