What's new

How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Shave....

I have been on B&B for a few months now. When I started I told SWMBO and anyone who would listen how much money I was going to save. After all, all I needed was a razor, some blades, a brush, and a cream or a soap...maybe 2.:whistling:

That hasn't happened...

I remember posting a question to the brush forum asking if I needed a brush for creams and one for soaps. I was told that I only needed one and that it would work fine for both soaps and creams...now I have 5 brushes (2 boars and 3 badgers) :whistling:

It was then time to find the "perfect" cream and/or soap. Which scents did I like? What performed better? I decided a little variety was okay...right? Well now I have more soaps and creams then I can remember (I am at the office so I don't have them all in front of me)...but I can say that I likely have enough software that if I didn't buy any more my son (he's 15 months) and any future male grandchildren will likely inherit a ton:ohmy:

At some unknown time and for some unknown reason I ventured into the Frag forum. This led to exploring fragrances. This is a path I advise you to stay away from. In addition to the stockpile of soaps and creams I also have more than enough frags for my great grandchildren! :scared:

Thankfully I have not been bitten by a Razor AD - I have a Merkur 34C and a variety of blades. Of course I am interested in the a few others but will actually let SWMBO get me a Feather (if I am lucky) or a Futur for my birthday or another occasion something.

All that said I really enjoy the B&B and this hobby...as I told SWMBO would she rather I got addicted to all this "stuff" or regress to online poker...:001_tt2: She got me a Colonel X2L and a tub of Castle Forbes Lime for Father's Day...:001_tt1:

As a new member to the forums and a new wet-shaver, I have to say that it is going to take a lot of restraint not to develop a serious AD :001_smile. I'm going to try and develop a "sample" AD, and only purchase products I sample and like.

As a new member to the forums and a new wet-shaver, I have to say that it is going to take a lot of restraint not to develop a serious AD :001_smile. I'm going to try and develop a "sample" AD, and only purchase products I sample and like.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors!

I miss online poker! my current credit card is a Mastercard, so I can't do reverse transactions (refunds) for my winnings. I have to wait for another visa to come my way before I can pull out my money from my account, bleh!

There is plenty of positives to this hobby you have to admit; better hygene, smarter looks, a sense of nostalgia and community, a tendency to go after gentlemanly pursuits instead of bad habits. Saying that, I guess the brown leaf would give some bad habits, but there is nothing wrong with the occasional pipe or cigar.

I started off just with my Merkur 34c, a selection of blades, a $9 badger brush and my palmolive lather cream. Fast forward two months and I have a selection of aftershaves, a classic GEM jewel, 2 old techs, an Omega boar brush, a selection of Proraso products, sigh!

My new years (financial year) gift to myself will be purchasing a dovo straight and another Merkur (probably a slant or open comb).

$Dr_Phil.jpg

Deverasi:

I am sorry I was not there for you when you needed me, but I am here for you now; this is an intervention.

What you have is a well identified affliction known as DE Shaving Syndrome. Although it is not well known, it is well documented, and it has even led to the death of several individuals who have literally bled themselves to death in search of the perfect BBS shave. You are not alone, and your affliction is shared by many men.

In order to recover, you must first realize that a perfect BBS shave is not possible. It is a siren's call that has led many a man to his doom: either from financial ruin or by infections incurred through the shaving process.

In order to recover you must do the following three things:

1.) Limit yourself to one shave a day using readily available shaving products (note: vintage purchases on E-Bay are not to be considered readily available shaving products!)

2.) Resist the urge to stroke your chin 20-30 times a day. (Face it, nothing good can possibly come from that.)

3.) Make absolutely no shaving purchases by either credit card or PayPal! If you can do that for ninety-days you will be cured, and you may be invited back into civilized society. Good luck!

Dr. Phil

Last edited:
If it's any consolation this addiction is way cheaper than Duck Hunting. Can one man really have enough camo, guns, boats, and decoys. I think not.

View attachment 181831

Deverasi:

I am sorry I was not there for you when you needed me, but I am here for you now; this is an intervention.

What you have is a well identified affliction known as DE Shaving Syndrome. Although it is not well known, it is well documented, and it has even led to the death of several individuals who have literally bled themselves to death in search of the perfect BBS shave. You are not alone, and your affliction is shared by many men.

In order to recover, you must first realize that a perfect BBS shave is not possible. It is a siren's call that has led many a man to his death: either from financial ruin or by infections incurred through the shaving process.

1.) Limit yourself to one shave a day using readily available shaving products (note: vintage purchases on E-Bay are not to be considered readily available shaving products!)

2.) Resist the urge to stroke your chin 20-30 times a day. (Face it, nothing good can come from that.)

3.) Make absolutely no shaving purchases by either credit card or PayPal. If you can do that for ninety-days you will be cured, and you may be invited back into civilized society. Good luck!

Dr. Phil

Wow this is great lol. I guess most of us need to speak with Dr. Phil.

View attachment 181831

Deverasi:

In order to recover, you must first realize that a perfect BBS shave is not possible. It is a siren's call that has led many a man to his doom: either from financial ruin or by infections incurred through the shaving process.

2.) Resist the urge to stroke your chin 20-30 times a day. (Face it, nothing good can possibly come from that.)

3.) Make absolutely no shaving purchases by either credit card or PayPal! If you can do that for ninety-days you will be cured, and you may be invited back into civilized society. Good luck!

Dr. Phil

Shun the unbeliever! Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn!

Top Bottom