What's new

Lord Super vs Lord Platinum

I read somewhere that these two blades are actually the same blade in a different package for different markets. Does anyone know if this is true?

I don't feel too much difference but maybe the platinum is a bit rougher.
I find the lord feels better for the second shave anyway though so it's hard to tell.

They are both marked 'super stainless' but are not the same blade; the SS gives me 3-4 good shaves in 2 passes while I need a third pass with the Platinums to make the shave just as close. The Plats give me only 2-3 shaves (even when I leave it at 2 passes) and are a bit less smooth on my skin; certainly not bad but for me not even close to the SS.

They are both marked 'super stainless' but are not the same blade; the SS gives me 3-4 good shaves in 2 passes while I need a third pass with the Platinums to make the shave just as close. The Plats give me only 2-3 shaves (even when I leave it at 2 passes) and are a bit less smooth on my skin; certainly not bad but for me not even close to the SS.

I'm not the only one then. The platinum does feel rougher.

i get better performance with the super stainless than the platinum;
marketing in the USA would label the better performer platinum or platinum plus, go figure
ken

Top Bottom